Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a real bargain on a Colt Python Stainless and it came with a George Lawrence Sheepskin lined holster for $655. I would love to know where to purchase another similar holster. When I searched the internet, it says that this company is no longer in business, but it is the finest holster I have ever seen....any suggestions.??

Also, can someone explain to me how to add a picture...???
Ok, here is a try..??

·
Registered
593 Posts
Alan:

That is a handsome Python and a handsome Lawrence holster with the edge lacing and basketweave work. Both were special order features on Lawrence holsters. Sad to say but the George Lawrence Company has been out of business for more than 10 years. They made very high quality leather goods, and survived in that tough business longer than their chief competitors, SD Myres, Berns-Martin, and Hermann Heiser, did. Someone bought the Lawrence name and intellectual property rights a while back and is selling new holsters under that name, but my impression is that they are nowhere near to the quality of the old Lawrence holsters.

A good pal of mine, John Witty, is a major collector of US made 20th Century civilian holsters and related leather goods. He sells duplicates from his collection on Ebay under the screen name Turnerriver. You might contact him to let him know what you are looking for, as he has all of the catalogs and size charts and runs across a lot of nice holsters. He can be reached at [email protected] .

Hope this helps you.

Charlie Flick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts