Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to colts and looking at holsters. From my understanding detective specials, cobras, and agents are all based on the same frame. Aside from barrel lengths are there any other differences?
I ask because some holster makers list one or two models but not all three. What am I missing? What option would fit an Agent?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
One thing to consider is that the later revolvers had shrouded barrels, and may be a tight fit in a holster cut for an earlier model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing to consider is that the later revolvers had shrouded barrels, and may be a tight fit in a holster cut for an earlier model.
That was one of my concerns.

·
Registered
27 Posts
New to colts and looking at holsters. From my understanding detective specials, cobras, and agents are all based on the same frame. Aside from barrel lengths are there any other differences?
I ask because some holster makers list one or two models but not all three. What am I missing? What option would fit an Agent?

I'm a snob when it comes to Colts. I use El Paso Saddlery for my Colts. Gen 3 SAA, Gen 2 SAA, 1911 Custom, 1911 Commander finished by Mike Chelmaduka, one 1903 Pocket Pistol. I just want something nice to pass to my son.

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
A Belated Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Sir...

·
Banned
7 Posts
These are great little holsters, handmade in Turkey. I have both a tan IWB and a black outside-the-pant version. they are made for S&W Chief's Special, but my Colts are a perfect fit.

I found these at different gunshows, from different dealers, but their home page is here;

http://www.holstermaster.com/

Not in the same class with Sparks, 5-Shot, Alessi, etc., but a whole hell of a lot cheaper, no wait time, and worth every penny they cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts