Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I just looked at ad ....... 3grand is sick .
Someone kinda threw away two grand .
Looks real suspicious, his other 50 items seem more realistic.
I call bullshit on that legitimacy.

The only other item I saw that jumped out was a SERIES 70 SSZ.
Very curious to me , gun leaves me scratching my head.
I like it though somewhat - would hit buy now at $600 -

Yet that’s only 3 hundred plus - two very fishy items .

The New Agent DA - that’s the 3k model

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
The price on this sale jumped out at me too. IMO at least 2k high unless I'm missing something ---
This particular seller... well, let's just leave it at "he's on my personal 'do not conduct business with'" list. Draw your own conclusions.

As for the original link, I agree. Odd result. I wondered, like SnidelyWiplash, if this was case of an regular New Agent being mistaken for the DAO New Agent, of which Colt letter has confirmed only 100 made.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one. Looks exactly like the the in the ad. Great gun, will shoot anything. It's a keeper, not for sale, but I think I gave $600 for it.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I have one. Looks exactly like the the in the ad. Great gun, will shoot anything. It's a keeper, not for sale, but I think I gave $600 for it.
You might want to rethink that if you can sell it for 5 times what you paid. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
You think Colt would have put sights on the pistol! I know its for close up action, but come on!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think someone wanted the three sixes in the serial number, 20666G 70. I like interesting serial numbers myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wanted the sixes.
Playing Liar’s Poker with Colt pistols?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one with the lazer grips, based on these prices, it must be worth at least 5K. :p
Same here. Mine came with the Crimson Trace grips and the origionals. I took the CTs off and put the wood ones on because they look nice. I replaced the recoil spring assembly on mine before taking to the range and was pleasantly surprised on how easy it was to shoot. Very accurate, too. I think I paid about 800 bucks for it a couple of years ago. I wouldn't think of selling mine, but for 4 grand it would be VERY tempting!!:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
That's way too high, GB need a price regulation...I get they are a auction site but c'mon.
Gun Broker is screwed up enough as it is. The last thing it needs is another hoop for sellers to jump through.

And "price regulation"? As in dictating to sellers the highest price they can ask for a gun they want to sell?

No. Just no.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts