Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homemade \"Fitz Special\"

I was making my rounds this morning and found a homemade "Fitz Special". The mechanic that did the work destroyed a perfectly good gun.

Special modifications are:

1. The barrel was cut down to 2". It looked like a hack saw was used and there was no attempt to make a crown.

2. A Hi Vis sight was used as a front sight. It was held in place by JB weld. There was no attempt to smooth out any of the marks when he formed it. Partial fingerprints were visible where it was re-formed.

3. A rear sight blade was held in place by more JB weld with no attempt to smooth out the finish.

4. The hammer was bobbed. At least some attempt was made to smooth out the rough spots.

5. The front of the trigger guard was cut away but not attempt was made to smooth out the edges.

6. A beat up set of Goodyears were used as grips.

The gun actually locked up tight and rifling was good. If anybody wants this piece, it's available for $99.95,

John

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it was a Model 1917.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,914 Posts
Re: Homemade \"Fitz Special\"

Let me get this straight: They'll give me $99.95 to take it off their hands? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

To do what? Put it out of it's misery?

I sometimes think these butchers should be made to dance with their own hack jobs.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry. I forgot to mention that it was a Model 1917,

John

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go cry..... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Is that Mozart's Requiem I'm hearing, being played in the background?

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts