Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Stag Party can break the rules, any gender is welcome in and marriage/relationship the same.

My stag date: 1904 Denver Col 32WCF
The badge didn't come with it but it is stamped "L&W Sales Co" over CANON CITY COL.
Natural material Glove Wood Personal protective equipment Creative arts

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Knife

Revolver Air gun Knife Everyday carry Trigger

Revolver Air gun Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Mine is nothing fancy or collection-worthy...but I like it. It is basically a 45 Colt parts gun I picked up a few years ago at an estate sale for $250 and it came with the stags. A good friend engraved it for me.
I found the canvas belt at a gun show and brought it home because nobody else has one.

Air gun Wood Revolver Trigger Everyday carry

Shoe Revolver Wood Air gun Trigger

Handgun holster Knife Tool Font Blade

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just realized that there is a thread on Stags already, as I looked through it I noticed that I had that strange feeling that I've been there before

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Mine is nothing fancy or collection-worthy...but I like it. It is basically a 45 Colt parts gun I picked up a few years ago at an estate sale for $250 and it came with the stags. A good friend engraved it for me.
I found the canvas belt at a gun show and brought it home because nobody else has one.

View attachment 751581
View attachment 751582
View attachment 751583
That’s a well put-together rig. It appears you have emulated Rooster with the lone .45-70 cartridge? Wish I had a friend who’d do some engraving for me.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Thanks Jimmy. The spur is just an unmarked show spur I picked up some time ago. I have a few single spurs hanging in my shop.

·
Registered
11,397 Posts
The only gun I own with stags...Cobra .22...

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
These are all sambar stag. All acquired before 2000 except the Ebay Cobra grips and the Ruger SBH's which were a gift from my nephew a couple years ago. I started buying SAA stags from Melvin Tyler in the early 80s for $35-$40 a set. By the 1990s stags in general were up to $95.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts

View attachment 751581
View attachment 751582
View attachment 751583
This one was found/bought with old stag grips. Gun was shipped to Camp Perry in 1927.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are all stag grips really thick and bulky? Are any stag grips thin approaching the thickness of factory rubber grips for a Colt SAA?

I bought some sambar stag grips and they are very thick. Re-profiling them to an appropriate thickness for my hand would probably remove all the bark. Just wondering if any sambar stag grips are thin from the get go.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts