Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been keeping my eye on this GUNBROKER Detective Special for a few days and decided to get it.

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as many of you guys are regarding Colt prices, but due to the stated "99%" condition, the stated "refund if not as advertized", included box, papers, etc., I went for it.

So, cost-wise, was this a mistake, IYO?
www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=48802969

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
You're just kiddin' right?...

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not; I'm 'dead' serious. I simply don't feel in the same league as many of the forum members here with regard to Colt prices and such.

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
Maybe the guy could have cleaned the chambers before taking a photo . Looks pretty dirty /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Outside looks great . I can only comment on the value in my area and say that the price paid for a DS of this vintage is about right . You bought a nice gun at a fair price . Enjoy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the guy could have cleaned the chambers before taking a photo . Looks pretty dirty...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I thought the same thing, but I tried to look beyond that. Maybe not exactly "a diamond in the rough", however you get my point, I'm sure. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
115 Posts
You did very well on that purchase. I was kicking myself for not buying that the first time he listed it and would have bought it this time had I realized it was relisted. I'm glad that it went to a forum member. I have a 4th issue that is one my carry pieces. I love it, it is a great little gun. Let us know how it is once you receive it.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
For a 99% (pardon the expression) "4th issue" in the box, that is a very fair price today. I don't see the chambers as particularly dirty from what is hopefully just a linty closeup. The factory "4th issue" stocks were rubber compaqs with medallions, summit silver summit gold (if you know the little "rhyme" to which I allude). Also can be seen the RxxxxD seial range on the frame. Enjoy. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I thought the same thing, but I tried to look beyond that. Maybe not exactly "a diamond in the rough", however you get my point, I'm sure. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand precisely . It just needed a little Hoppes .I was just "poking fun" . Hence the smiley /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Looks like a very nice gun .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts