Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How \'bout a ColtForum T-Shirt?

What does everyone think about having some t-shirts printed with this wonderful site's info on it? I got one from thehighroad.org with "Molon "Labe" on it and I thought this would be a good advertisement for the forum.

Is there an official logo to use? Aside from the address and logo, what else would go on it (official mascot, slogan, etc)?

Is there anyone that has done this before that would volunteer to have them made? It would have to be of the highest quality of course, to match the members!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: How \'bout a ColtForum T-Shirt?

that's a great idea...i'll work on something(but my artistic skills are lacking).

i an make a simple t-shirt...maybe with coltforum.com in front and "if it's not a Colt, it's just a copy" logo in back....or maybe the "if it's not a Colt..." in the front pocket area and coltforum.com in back....

-cfadmin

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That is kinda what I was thinking. I just wasn't sure about the "If it's not a Colt . . . it's just a copy." being a trademark of Colt.

I'm like you, 16 years of schooling has killed any artistic ability I once may have had. So anything you come up with will be better than what I could contribute.

·
Registered
806 Posts

The way Colt has been going after all who "advertize" the Colt name, you'd better do some checking. If it's a "gift" shouldn't be a problem, but stuff for sale is protected by "copyright" laws. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
73 Posts

thanks for the heads up...didn't realize the "if it's not a colt..." phrase was copywrighted....i took references off my website...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I was thinking something a little more flashy but keep the logo for sure.

A slogan for the site might be an option. Like: "Coltforum.com: Got Colt?". I know the "Got . . ." is getting tired but something like that. Maybe make it a contest for a week or a vote or something.

Or a flag or even a graphic of an SAA, Python, 1911 or other distinguishable Colt. I know we have to be careful about the trademarks and such, but I think we could work within the boundaries.

Also, I found this on ebay:
T-shirts w/ Colt firearms

Maybe we could work something out with this guy on a better price if we buy 10 at a time or something. We can see if he can add our logo to it.

Here are some other links:
Mean Snake!

.357 Python

Also a buck or two from each could go to the forum for maintenance etc.

Wadda ya think?

·
Registered
806 Posts

admin, I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade, just having read recently what I had posted above and I remember years back we got the "cease and desist" from Ruger Co., so it is 'inevitable' just when you may have "some " money tied up into some project, you can get "stuck". I hate when that happens.
I must have "too many" lawyers hang around my tables at the gun shows! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for that site you referenced, I was told they can and will 'copy' ANYTHING, if you have a "group of potential 'buyers'". It is all 'digitalized equipment and the item s are all 'generic'.
Heck, if you have the right 'program' youcan do it on your computer at home, again, it only "draws" attention when the "sales" start and they take 'notice or you get one "pissed off" Member ,with an "ax to grind, and "drops the proverbial dime" /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Now, on the 'other' hand, do YOU own and have the rights to the name "Coltforum.com" ,they have to get permission and "pay" you for using this in any sales or ads.......
hhmmm interesting, this is "scary", I'm starting to "think" like a lawyer and at MY age too! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

·
Registered
73 Posts

hmmm...i've taken all references of "colt" by itself off the website as well as "if it's not a colt...". i don't want legal trouble...i'm doing this out of pocket.

i think the current tshirts will work...since i'm only referencing my own website. but anyone willing to create a tshirt design w/o reference to colt is free to submit for all to vote on.

thanks for the input guys...

-cfadmin

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Could we use this graphic of an SAA along with the logo?

Colt 1873

·
Registered
73 Posts

better not...all this thinking has gotten me a little worried about the legalities....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts