Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Very nice Detective Special. 3 inch barrel not unheard of, but not around every corner either. It looks well "balanced", not meaning just the weight.

You still on "jump status" Alex ?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
A 3" nickel plated Detective Special ? I'd say you did very well. I'll bet it has a wonderful balance, much like the 3" heavy barrel S&W K frames. That's a beautiful example.

·
Registered
480 Posts
No longer in service...23 yrs, retired in 2013.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My grandson was assigned to the 504th PIR, 1BCT at Fort Bragg in late September. He was originally scheduled to be sent to the 4BCT in Anchorage, Alaska. Fort Bragg is about 700 miles from where we live, whereas Anchorage is nearly 5,000 miles. Needless to say, we are very pleased with the change.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You did very well. I always thought the 3" shrouded barrel was the best looking DS. Especially in nickel.
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nice. Keep the Hoppes away from it.
Source out a product called Ed’s Red from brownells. Safe to clean nickel. Do not used Flitz or anything abrasive to polish out scratches..Nice gun. You did well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Source out a product called Ed’s Red from brownells. Safe to clean nickel. Do not used Flitz or anything abrasive to polish out scratches..Nice gun. You did well.
I’m aware of Ed’s Red. I believe the Brownell’s product is just convenient packaging for the mixture of products the guy named Ed created. If I remember from my reading, the recipe is open source but who buys a gallon of the main ingredient for something that will go a long way? Thank you for the tip though. Being that this is my first very shiny gun, I can use the stuff on the exterior surfaces?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts