Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

Premium Member
Wow. I'm no expert, but the box styrofoam and label don't look like they're a week old. How could someone think that's original? I just looked and the auction is near end with and over the $5K mark. The grips aren't real. Not familiar enough to see what else is make believe.

Checked t again... Pushing $6k possibly..
I feel sort of bad for the guy buying. There's so much trickery going on..

Premium Member
Paper and cardboard, untouched, will age more than that in just 5 years or so. I was just browsing gun prices in a magazine from 2007. Magazine was untouched and I was surprised the slight paper aging in that length of time. Wish we still had those prices too!!!!

Registered

Registered
Take a lot at the photo's in his completed Auctions. He has no shortage of the identical flawless boxes and all the assorted paperwork with most every pistol he has sold. This SOB got to a seller on GA last spring with whom I had won an Auction with and he managed to offer more money than the buy it now and I lost a Python from 1967 that the original owner from Florida was selling. GA would not even respond to my emails about this scammer.

Registered
Harry this should not suprise you at all.In a previous thread we ripped this offering apart and you are very well aware of the source for all the "original boxes,hangtags,manuals." There are three types of sellers, one that doesn't know his product and is unknowingly selling a package in the belief that it is original, one who secures all the fake accessories with a phony label and sells it with the gun to perpetrate fraud,and one who will sell the gun on its own merits.Most first time buyers do not do thier homework,get taken,and put the gun in a safe none the wiser.Colt has not persued trademark and copyright infringement actions yet for whatever reason.The one fact that the dishonest seller will eventually learn is once your good name is gone it is gone forever and once thier # is revealed here they can kiss the buisness of Colt Forum members goodbye.Karma is a BITCH,it will come back to bite them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
COLT could end all of the fake box, fake paperwork and fake gun business w/ one lousy cease & desist letter!

I know, I know, I've heard several times about how they simply don't care anymore because they no longer produce these guns...but I just don't buy that nonsense.

It is a matter of 'branding', and they are letting this happen right under their noses.

It's pathetic...!!!

Registered
I was under the impression, from several car forums that I'm a part of, that if a trademark is not defended that it will eventually lapse and become non-trademarked. Anyone actually know the truth about that? This was the rationale a couple years ago when Ford went after the various vendors with "Ford", "Mustang", "Galaxie", etc in their names.

Banned
Folks wonder why we keep hammering on the Fake Box Guy, ad nauseum. Here's the perfect example. Take the fake revolver, add the fake/reproduction box, manual, instruction sheet, cards and hang tags and voil脿 - FRAUD and THEFT by deception. When we see these fake packages it starts at the base level, Sparta TN and then less than honest sellers see a way to score big money and there's the recipe for this exact type of auction. I don't get sickened seeing this stuff, I get agitated. While it's not MY money, it's theft and nothing angers me more than thieves.

My grandpa didn't abide dishonesty nor the rash of things that accompanied it. In his prime he'd take a liar and thief out behind the woodshed and administer a lesson in honesty via a good whoopin. Shame that kind of lesson is frowned upon by the "politically correct" crowd. Don't wanna hurt poor little Joey's rear end teaching the differerence between right and wrong now do they?

The buyer got taken to the cleaners and taken good. No refund nor exchange. Wonder how he'll feel if/when he finds out how badly he was taken?

Registered
The man is bypassing the facts by not saying the boxes papers arent org. It guilt by omission. And I think my eyes must be getting bad all the emblems look silver in the pics, even a crook wouldnt be that stupid. One more time sucker born every minute, a fool and his money are soon parted, so on and so forth. There have been scams since before any of us can remember, some of the blame can be laid on people buying this crap without knowledge or research. The best lessons are the ones that hurt:bang_wall:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.