Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried several times to post a link to a GB auction or whatever without success. What exactly do you type in the URL part of the link box on the 'reply' screen? Or is there a way to paste it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm pretty much a computer idiot. Thanks

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Go to the Gunbroker page to view the auction you would like to post. In the address bar at the top of your page will be the web address. You can click and hold your mouse button on the left and drag it over the address, it will turn blue, let go of the button. Some browsers you just click once in the address bar and it will turn the address blue. With the mouse right on top of the blue highlighted address click the button on the right side of your mouse and select the "Copy" feature.

Go to your Forum post and right click the mouse and select "Paste". This will paste whatever you highlighted and copied.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Marc (keystonearms) has it right. When you go to the top of the page to get the url (where it will show http:www.gunbroker.com) left click three rapid times and it will highlight the entire url. To copy you may either right click and select copy or use your keyboard and hit two keys; Ctrl and C. This will copy. Then to paste, come to your post and start the cursor and use keys, Ctrl and V and the url will show. No need to add any html, the Forum's system handles it for you.

Go ahead and try one or two.

·
Registered
642 Posts
First off, I believe that in this site's rules, posting of a current auction's live link is not permitted in certain forums....???
Also, be aware of copyright laws, forum copyright rules, plus, the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

To place a link within Your post, click on Go Advanced: The button is to the lower right of the reply box.
FWIW: This step is not actually a neccessity, but will allow You to preview Your post, then test the link You've posted.

Highlight the link that You'd care to post, on Your keyboard hit ctrl and the letter C, take the link to the forum boards, and click on what appears to be a planet, just above the posting box.
You will see a space to paste Your link into; do so by clicking on that space, then hit ctrl V on You keyboard, and preview the post, submit reply when satisfied.

Another method:
Place brackets [ ] with url typed inside before Your link, and [/url] aft of Your link, then click Preview Post, and submit reply.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Put your cursor in the search box that has the web address and hold down. A box will come up that says Select/Select All - Click Select All. Another box will pop up the says Cut/Copy -Click Copy. Go to where you would like to post the link, hold down and a box will pop up -Click Paste.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Keystonearms, thanks a million! It works like charm and solved a nagging question. Beware ya'all I may become dangerous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts