Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Take them to the copy store, have them laminated, & then cut for a three ring binder. I then break the different binders into the proper category, Revolver, Auto's---etc. --- Yes, my wife is a little worried about me.

I also have separate binder's for brand X ( Smith & Wesson's )

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
In a sheet protector in a three ring binder. The letter on one side of the sheet protector and an 8 by 11 color photo of the lettered Colt on the other side. Same for my lettered Winchesters.

·
Premium Member
9,402 Posts
I make copies for easy reference at home and at the office, then store the letters in their original envelopes in a fire safe.

(Apologies to anyone offended by my "delivery.")

·
Premium Member
9,402 Posts
What is meant by this?
See the thread Government Model, circa 1954 . In explaining that the subject gun is not a original example worthy of the praise that some were giving it, but rather is a non-original, reblued example, I unintentionally offended some fellow Forum members. Since I have never had it explained just how I should have worded my comments to avoid offending anyone, I fear I may unintentionally offend each time I post a response. Thus, like any good lawyer, I have taken the cautious position of posting a disclaimer with each response.

(Apologies to anyone offended by my "delivery.")

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Like Chaffee and the Judge, I keep mine in their original mailers, but store them in a fire cabinet in the basement. Also have scans of each on a Sandisk Cruzer memory stick.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
In the original envelopes in the safe with the firearm. But I only have two so storage space is easy to find.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I might add that I also make a "Xerox" copy of the filed and stored original, to fold and store with each particular gun, and write directly on the copy, in ink, that it is a duplicate, and list the location of the original Colt letter(s).

·
Banned
396 Posts
Here comes the belly aching. I take mine out of the Colt envelope fold them 2 times in 3 equal parts and put them in the box with the gun. This way the letter is always with the gun and I don't have to think about it. If it is a short box the letter will need further folding. Not kidding!!

If the gun does not have a box then I keep them in my safe in plastic sheets. I am not an animal you know. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts