Colt Forum banner

how does one buy a SAA these days?

9K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Ibmikey 
#1 ·
im not collecting guns so this would be a shooter mostly. Colts are never in stock in stores nowadays. I remember a few years ago seeing them in Buds gun shop for cheaper than they usually ran. IIRC they were miss stamped in the wrong caliber. alas i was too young to buy pistols then so.....

#2 ·
The local LGS has only had 2 new Colt SAA's show up recently just weeks apart. Of course like you I have been waiting forever for that to happen. I snapped up one of them immediately for a little less than MSRP....not much mind you. I have always gotten the advice to browse GunBroker.com if I wanted one NIB or used. I just never wanted to risk a deal doing that, but most do it and things generally turn out fine. Colt has been shipping some SAA's out recently, but likely you'll grow old and crabby waiting on your LGS to get one in.

Reactions: Newcoltdude
#3 ·
I saw a new Colt box in the local gun shop here in Topeka KS. I asked the guy behind the counter how much it was and he said it for sale on Gunbroker. Sooooo even local gun shops are selling their Colts on Gunbroker.

#7 ·
I asked the guy behind the counter how much it was and he said it for sale on Gunbroker. Sooooo even local gun shops are selling their Colts on Gunbroker.
There are a couple of gun stores here that have guns (not just Colts) listed on Gunbroker and several other gun sites. I understand they are trying to sell guns but when the counter guy says "if you're interested you better buy it now because it's listed online."...I don't have to like it.

#8 · (Edited)
We walked into our favorite toy store and he had three. Two NIB 3rd generation and a first generation. I traided for the 3rd in 38WCF.

Mate to my first generation Colt in 38WCF.

PS. I'll guarantee the prices on these Colts were some $1,000 less than on Gunbroker! I'm a shooter. Not a collector. People are spending their money on "techicool" guns and conceal carry and ammo.

#9 ·
The way I have been buying Colt SAA guns is to go to advanced search on GB and poke in Colt SAA in the search and limit the search to the state I live in. If a gun shows up I am interested in then I drive to the seller for a close look.

Some states have dang few Colt SAA guns listed, Oregon only has three now but now and then a gun comes along.

Jim

#15 ·
I found my Bisley .32-20 on gunbroker but I noticed the seller also had a retail store. I was able to find his website and the same gun was listed there. Since there were no bids yet on the gun I called the store and asked if he would sell it for the starting bid price. The store had it listed for $2650 and the starting bid on gunbroker was $2250. He agreed and I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.