Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently become interested in the CCA, especially since their annual show will be in my state next year. I found the joining instructions on the web, but it looks like I need a sponsor to join. How does one go about this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Cca

Send money to join. Assn. will publish your name as an applicant. If no one has any objections you will be accepted. Many years ago I bought a single action from a dealer in Wausau Wi. that turned out to be faked. He refused to return my money. Several months later I saw his app for CCA membership. I sent the CCA a letter describing the matter and they refused him membership. To this day I check the apps for his name. He won't get in as long as I'm alive!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I signed on at the door at the show in Austin, Texas a few years ago. I don't remember having to find a sponsor at the time; just paid the $40.00 and filled in the form.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You may have the CCA confused with the S&W Collectors Assn. They do require a sponsor to join, but not CCA unless things have changed recently. I have really enjoyed my CCA membership, and "The Rampant Colt" is a quality publication.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
Joining CCA

Actually, the on-line membership application does have a space for "recommended by" that is supposed to be filled out. I don't really know if this is absolutely necessary. The secretary, Karen Green, could give the definitive answer.
I did have a sponsor or "recommender" when I joined a number years ago.
- - Buckspen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts