Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a guy's 1902 Colt SAA for sale for $2,400. It's a 5 1/2" .45 in about the same condition as my 1958 gun here but without the blotchy ejector housing. It has a very pronounced cylinder bevel (unlike this Colt). Would that be right for that gun and does it sound like a good price considering all parts match and the usual internal condition issues are good? In my mind the grips are a little softer in the checkering than these 2nd g. grips but I might be wrong. I know it's hard without pictures. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
A 1902 Single Action should have the same degree of cylinder beveling as this 1901 Single Action of mine.

Regarding value; 45 Colt is more desirable than 38-40, which the one below is chambered in. I sold this 38-40 on Friday at the TGCA show in Fort Worth for more than $2400 and that was to a dealer; so you can use that as an indicator if the gun is really 100% original.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 1902 Single Actioin should have the same degree of cylinder beveling as this 1901 Single Action of mine.

The image I have in my head of the gun is exactly the same condition as your .38-40 here, right down to the grips. And the bevel is identical.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
All matching and original condition as described, I'd snap it up. Particularly here in CA; seems like most folks want crazy money for beat to s--t, no finish SAAs.Best regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts