Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to find the original factory Grips for a 22 revolver.. Not for Single Action Army, but New Frontier or Peacemaker or Buntline and the Scouts. I am thinking of the black grips with the colt horse on the top. If there are other factory styles I do not know about them.. If there is a Bisley style for 22. I might not be interested in these either as they may be to expensive for me..

Are they reproduces and are they hard to find???

any information on grips for these revolvers will be helpful..

thank you stano

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Rick, what say, OK, and Folly... Well that makes sence the horse does look more like a Rampant colt than a horse.. No Bisley 22, good to know, I would have probally looked for one for years before figuring that out. On the grips I thought the wood and the white were aftermarket ones.... I didn't know they were colts.. Are the wood walnut and are the white bone simulation?? I have seen black with and with out the lower design which I think is a eagle holding arrows... OK coral,, very limpressive revolvers there.... Easy for me to pick a favorite.. Folly ill see what I can find on N C Ordinance, of Wilson, N.C. hope they got pictures...

thank you stano

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
The Q and F serial numbered Frontier Scout revolvers came with stocks as shown in the attached photo below. A few Q and some F numbered guns did come from the factory with the plain walnut wood stocks seen above on the nickel revolver in the box. All K numbered Scouts came with the plain walnut wood stocks. All P numbered Scouts came with the imitation stag "Stag-Lite" grips shown in the photo above of the blue, dual cylinder revolver in the box. Peacemaker .22 and New Frontier .22 revolvers came with the "eagle" stocks as shown in the last photo above.
I see original Colt Scout stocks frequently for sale on eBay and GunBroker. If buying the wood stocks make sure that they are routed on the back. If they are not routed, they are not original.

- - -Buckspen View attachment 47503

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.