Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My name is Doug,
I’m new to the site, but not to owning guns. This is how it came about to getting a Colt Python.

A friend I’ve known for over 2 years came out to swim and BBQ with us on a Saturday. Conversation about guns came up. He was trying to find a gun he wanted at a gun shop and was complaining that they offered him $600 for a trade in. So I asked him what he wanted to trade in and he said-Colt Python. . So my ears perked up and said bring it out and let me see it. I don’t need another gun but I always love the Python but was to cheap to lay down that kind of money back in the 70’s.

Sunday he shows up with a worn box in hand. Handed it to me and when I opened it I took a long deep breath. I was nickel finish, 6 inch barrel, 357 custom tuned. He bought it back in 82, shot 20 rounds with it , cleaned it and put it back in the box it came in. It sat in the closet ever since. But it didn’t shine very much and finger prints would show ever time you touched it. He asked if I wanted it for the $600 the gun shop was offering. I wrote him a check right then and there.

I had no clue as to the price of a Colt Python so I hit my search button and found this site. Searched as to how to clean nickel, found display case info and custom grips. I bought the cleaning supplies and started to work on the gun. It came back to life and shined up like the chrome on my Tbird. Ok I was so excite I ordered a display case from Premier Pistol Website, ordered engraved rosewood grips from Badger Custom Grips and a Bianchi X15 left hand shoulder holster. Serial number said it was made in 1977.

Here are a couple photos to finish this tale of good fortune
1colt.jpg 2colt.jpg 3colt.jpg

Nice to meet you all and just love all the great information here
Doug

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Doug, that's a nice Python you have there and it looks like you did a great job getting it shined up. You win for the best deal I've heard about in a long time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. Here is the box photos I forgot to add. Came with all sorts of paperwork also. Just stuck the box away in the gun cabinet. Someday my daughter will get it all. LOL
1 colt box.jpg 1 colt box end.jpg

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Hello, Doug, & welcome to the Forum. I'm no revolver expert, but I know beauty when I see it. Nice way to "dress up" your new prize with the box & stocks. Shot her yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I will ever sale this find. It's fun just to admire. There is a world class shooting range down the road that I will be heading to soon, I might have to try it out just to show it off. And thanks for the wecome once again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts