Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm mainly into revolvers but like Semi-auto's too. I dont look online for semi-auto's much, very little actually. I ran across these completely by accident from researching a magazine marking someone had posted in another thread:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=375220826

Is this something new he has put out or has he been selling them a long time??? I have watched all his other fake stuff through the past couple years, but never noticed these before... I know he has been "branching out" :(, is this one of his new offerings or one which has always been in the rotation?

·
Registered
621 Posts
This is the first time I have seen these boxes. I am guessing FBG IS expanding his business. I wonder if he has branched out into smith and Wesson's yet. On a side note I recently came into possession of one of his fake boxes and paperwork. I got a good deal on the gun so I didn't mind getting the fake box. It gives me something to really compare and learn from. I will say that it really isn't that bad of a box, but you can definitely tell it's not the real deal. If he keeps perfecting his boxes it won't be long before most of us won't be able to tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
I'm mainly into revolvers but like Semi-auto's too. I dont look online for semi-auto's much, very little actually. I ran across these completely by accident from researching a magazine marking someone had posted in another thread:
Colt Gold Cup National Match PRE-70 Series Box Pw : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Is this something new he has put out or has he been selling them a long time??? I have watched all his other fake stuff through the past couple years, but never noticed these before... I know he has been "branching out" :(, is this one of his new offerings or one which has always been in the rotation?
I notice that both he and blovit on Ebay are in Sparta, TN. blovit has hundreds of boxes, labels, instructions, etc on Ebay which he claims are original. Prices would be absolute steals if truly original - pre-WWII Colt .38 Super box in new condition and allegedly the real deal at $165. Presently he has not just ONE, but TWO postwar/prewar Ace boxes at the same price! He had five of them but three have been sold. Consider the likelihood of someone having 5 of such extraordinarily rare boxes in new condition. Even more incredible, he has a 100% feedback rating from 2152 happy customers!

blovit | eBay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.