Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered a colt python 2020 4.25 march 2nd from sportsman outdoor super store, its paid for, they said it could be a year, any feedback i can get out any time

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
That is a personal decision.

I would find something else to focus on and enjoy the surprise when the Python shows up.

Patience is required to get a good deal when stalking Pythons.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If they have your money I would find out how many are ahead of you. It is possible you could get one on the open market for the same price or near it as they become more available every day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was #15 on a waiting list for a new 4.25 one and was told the same thing, expect to wait at least a year. I decided to see if I could find a reasonably priced used one while I waited, and after 3 months found an original older one for sale.

You’ll have to decide how long you’re willing to wait for a new one, but for me personally, I’m glad I didn’t wait, as I like having an original model.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
What do you mean I gotta wait ten days? I am mad now! It would be a cold day in Hades that I would give my money interest free for anything and have no idea if I ever even get the gun or whatever. Money never came that easy to me. There are plenty of guns or whatever else out there I could find.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered a 4.25 inch from a fairly large LGS in Northern Illinois on January 12th and still don't have it. I called them 6 weeks ago and they stated that they have not received any Pythons since the 2 display models they received in early January. I'm number 5 of 57 on the wait list. I put down a $100 deposit.

Karl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If they have your money I would find out how many are ahead of you. It is possible you could get one on the open market for the same price or near it as they become more available every day.
i paid 1,600 with tax, saw one for 2,200 and it was gone in a heartbeat

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Making a reasonable deposit seems acceptable when a vendor might get stuck with a product or it has some specific variation you requested. Paying the entire price for something that is not available for shipment is not. We buy new jets with a 10% deposit a year or two in advance. If the vendor needs all of your money in advance of production for production then you become an investor without voice.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i paid 1,600 with tax, saw one for 2,200 and it was gone in a heartbeat
They are out there for less than that but you have to look for them and pay attention to the online sales sites like Gunpoker and Guns international. For a small individual store like you are dealing with who knows what distributer(s) they are using and when their source will receive any product and where you are in line, remember they already have your money. If you are good with them having your money and are willing to wait an undetermined amount of time I expect you will receive your Python in the future.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There are way too many originals out there that are available - with the QC problems the new ones seem to have, there's no way I'd be on anyone's waiting list if I wanted to own one.
Ridiculous. Kimber has their KS6 for same price, Kimber4” Target about the same. Fantastic quality and very accurate. I guess lpersonally wouldn’t for a Co
They are out there for less than that but you have to look for them and pay attention to the online sales sites like Gunpoker and Guns international. For a small individual store like you are dealing with who knows what distributer(s) they are using and when their source will receive any product and where you are in line, remember they already have your money. If you are good with them having your money and are willing to wait an undetermined amount of time I expect you will receive your Python in the future.
No, no . Kimber s are available for same money and are super quality

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ridiculous. Kimber has their KS6 for same price, Kimber4” Target about the same. Fantastic quality and very accurate. I guess lpersonally wouldn’t for a Co

No, no . Kimber s are available for same money and are super quality
Now that is one of the funniest things I have read here! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was first on the waiting list , waited four months , paid $200 over MSRP and would do it again. Love the new Python.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ordered a colt python 2020 4.25 march 2nd from sportsman outdoor super store, its paid for, they said it could be a year, any feedback i can get out any time
I had one on order in mid January from Sportsman's Outdoor Super Store. I was #61 on list for a 6" but there was no movement by early March and they had no idea when units were going to ship. I was on lots of email notification lists from other sellers including guns.com They have live updates. Saw that Tooele Shooter Supply in Ut had 2 in stock and ordered that minute. I was just in the right place at the right time. Picked it up at my ffl in March before my range closed down. Point being.....they're out there. I cancelled my original order as soon as I found one available. Unfortunately prices have jumped up. I paid $1699. $200 over msrp didn't seem too bad at the time. I've seen them for $2,400 +. Good luck and keep looking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had one on order in mid January from Sportsman's Outdoor Super Store. I was #61 on list for a 6" but there was no movement by early March and they had no idea when units were going to ship. I was on lots of email notification lists from other sellers including guns.com They have live updates. Saw that Tooele Shooter Supply in Ut had 2 in stock and ordered that minute. I was just in the right place at the right time. Picked it up at my ffl in March before my range closed down. Point being.....they're out there. I cancelled my original order as soon as I found one available. Unfortunately prices have jumped up. I paid $1699. $200 over msrp didn't seem too bad at the time. I've seen them for $2,400 +. Good luck and keep looking.
Try Gun.deals.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recommend calling Sportsman's Warehouse (if you can get through) before you believe their website. I ordered a Colt Python in June after getting an email from them stating that it was in stock. After paying for it and getting a confirmation email, I waited over two weeks for it to be delivered. When I finally got in contact with them, I was told that they were out of stock and they cancelled my order. Naturally after wasting two weeks of waiting and thinking that I had a Python on the way, I wasn't too happy.
Customer service says they have that problem frequently, they list an item in stock and their computer system is in error. They said they only way to confirm is to call them direct. Just to prove a point, on the Sportsman's Warehouse site, they show a 4 1/4" Python in stock at one of their stores. It says "in stock", buy online "pick up in store tomorrow". Being skeptical after my experience with them, I finally broke down and called them. The sales person practically laughed when I asked if he had a Python in stock. When I told them their website shows that they supposedly have one, he said he they've been receiving calls on that all day.
Just saying, if you get the call that they have it in stock, I hope they do but don't believe them until you have checked it out.
I see the 4.25" is back in stock at Sportsmans Warehouse.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Went to my LGS today and ordered a New Python today. Put down $100 and am first in line. Owner said it should be about a month, he has 5 sources. Price $1,429. Said he has other buyers looking, but I am the only one that plunked down a C note.

·
Registered
80 Posts
just a heads up if anyone is interested my local dealer has one 6 inch just arrived and selling at MSRP $1499. I have bought several guns from them. Great staff and customer service. I am not in anyway affiliated. If interested PM me and I will give you info. Not sure about posting on here if it is against the rules.

Scott

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Almost Heaven...West Virginia

just a heads up if anyone is interested my local dealer has one 6 inch just arrived and selling at MSRP $1499. I have bought several guns from them. Great staff and customer service. I am not in anyway affiliated. If interested PM me and I will give you info. Not sure about posting on here if it is against the rules.
Scott
Nah...happens here all the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts