Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a Python back to Colt to be refinished and the once over. Just wondering how long it will take to hear back from them.

FC

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I finally got the repair order from Colt. The initial examination came back with the following. Refinish in Royal Blue - $225, Cut Rolls - $125, and Elite grips - $65. Shipping and handling is $30. The grand total is $445. I think i'm going to cancel the grips. As for the roll cuts, I don't know if I need to get those done. The gun had never been refinished and only had holster wear. I wonder why they think they need to be done?

FC

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Polishing for the re-blue will probably damage ('rub off) your original markings and they will need to be re-cut to maintain the correct appearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my Python back from colt. All they did was reblue and give her the once over. It was $255.00 plus shipping. It came back looking brand new. The work order said it would take 35 days to redo. It took almost exactly that long. My Python was in pretty bad shape, and they said that they wouldn't be able to do anything about some galling on the frame and around the cylinder window. When I got it back you can't see any galling anymore. I didn't have the barrel re roll-marked and it didn't need to be done. All the marking is still crisp. I'm very pleased with thier service!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Revev,

How bad was your Python? Was it refinished before? Any major scratches? I think I mad a mistake when I sent the letter to Colt. I asked them for a reblue but asked them to see if it needed to have rollcuts redone. Also, do you have any pics to share?

FC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts