Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made it to eleven with the addition of the new four inch .357. Hoping to post pics of all on my web site soon. Stay tuned!

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Re: Just for Fun - How Many Colts Do You Have?

Not enough. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
253 Posts

One less than I want!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
265 Posts

I have at least one and a half. The first is my 40 year old Python, bought NIB for $100. (NO...it is not for sale.) The second is my half-breed mutt: A Colt OM slide on a Caspian frame. I know that ATF looks at it and says it's a Caspian but those big, bold letters that say COLT and the prancing pony make it a Colt, at least in my mind.

If I check closely, I may find a few more but then my wife may be able to figure out the total number of guns that I have. I don't need that.

John

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Only 1. (sobsob) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, if all works out the way things should I'll have a Colt.22 semi-auto and a big, fat, juicy, bling, yaabaadaabaadoo!, 6" royal Bleu Python in my safe by the end of 2006!

Patience, patience, patience,

Yep, I'm playing the waiting-game! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Well my eyes are bigger than my pockets so I don't have nearly enough, but let's just say I have to take off my shoes when I start counting them. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
149 Posts

I have 4 at present

·
Registered
72 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Only 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, if Gunsmoke can admit it I guess I can too.

Only one. Python, '82, SS, 6". But with the help of some of the knowledgeable and gracious members here I'm building a foundation of knowledge to help me make further purchases (snakes).

I'm also handicapped by the fact that I only buy (handguns) face-to-face. Hands on and eye-to-eye has worked well for me for nearly 60 years and with all the horror stories I read about some Internet buys I'm not about to change now.

Sorry about the long winded reply.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Counting revolvers and 1911s I have about 2 dozen. None are SAAs....I just can't make myself pay thousands of dollars for old worn out pieces of junk.

·
Registered
47 Posts

As my friend says: "More than I need, but fewer than I want."

I have one 1903, one SAA, and fourteen pre-war DA revolvers. The 1903 was purchased because I think they're cool. I bought the SAA because everbody should have one. My collecting interest is in the pre-war era, and the DA revolvers (plus period ammo and catalogs) were priced such that I could assemble a decent, if modest, collection.

·
Registered
794 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. My guess is 55 NIB and 2 shooters! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I figured you for having a very nice and extensive collection Blokey. Without a doubt, you have some real nice guns.

Didn't you have to go out and buy a bigger hard drive for your PC just to store all the info about your collection! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif (Just kidding .) Congratulations.

·
Registered
711 Posts
WS23 you're not off by much! Of the 57, 6 are shooters. When it comes to safe queens, I'm definitely guilty. Thanks for the kind words!

·
Registered
185 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
WS23 you're not off by much! Of the 57, 6 are shooters. When it comes to safe queens, I'm definitely guilty. Thanks for the kind words!

[/ QUOTE ]

In your defense however, I can't think of too many examples where you have a style / modle that you don't have a common-like shooter......this is the only way to go!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts