Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Nope. I'd replace them. I'm partial to the fully checkered with the Colt medallion inset...like these...

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
You mean these?
TJColt45.jpg
This was one of my wife's birthday gifts a while back. I actually kind of like them, as they are a current version of what Colt is producing. If I was going for the old school look, I'd not get a stainless gun with combat style sights to begin with.

I'm getting a red/black VZ grip for my Night Cobra as well, to replace the all black one it came with. No real reason other than I'd like to try something with a bit more texture than the factory offering and I like red. Red and black go together, as do blue and stainless I think.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I also like them on a blued gun. I have a new red/black set on my Commander, but I’d rather have the blue/black. Anyone wanna trade.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I like how the Colt logo VZ grips look and feel. I kept the blue ones that came on my 9mm Gold Cup. On my .38 Super Competition I replaced the blue grips with grey/black ones without a thumb notch for the magazine release.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I have left them on the Gold Cup Lite I bought in 38 Super last year but I did replace the rubber wrap around grips on my 2015 GCT with some wood stocks from Altamont.

A little off thread but I did not like the look of the blue grips that came on a S&W Perf Center 1911 I bought but they feel great when I shoot it so I have left them on it so far.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Like the Blue G10 grip panels on Colts new Stainless Pistols ?

I’m not crazy about them...
I was going to post something similar, although it was concerning the G10 grips on my recently-acquired Combat Commander.

While I do like the laminate grips, I'm a bit turned off by the design (gigantic Colt logo in the middle)… I know it's a Colt, I can read the rollmarks on the slide!

I prefer the old school look of double diamonds... I could replace the grips with rosewood, but I might just get a new set of VZ grips without the ostentatious logo. I haven't yet decided.

As to the different colors (red, blue, green, etc.); I'm not too crazy about those, either. I prefer something that looks like wood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The red G10 on this Combat Commander was my first experience with them. They seem kind of heavy.

Fortunately even the mechanically slow people such as myself can change grips. :)

Those red G10s came on my Lightweight Commander. They wear the blue versions now. I like blue... I know, I'm a goober...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts