Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Much Does A 4\" Python & Diamondback Weigh?

Can anyone tell me how much a 4" Python, and a Diamondback (.38 special) weigh? Thanks.

nero

·
Registered
811 Posts
Re: How Much Does A 4\" Python & Diamondback Weigh?

Well I know the 4" Python weighs 38 oz and the Detective Special weighs 21 oz. So.................the Diamondback will be in between!:D (27 1/2 oz for the .38 spec.4")

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

The 4" 38sp Diamondback weighed 28.5 oz. The 4" 22 Diamondback was 31.75 oz.

This information came from catalogs. Interesting summary table above. There was no Trooper Mark V revolver in 22 caliber.

·
Registered
811 Posts

That particular Colt caralog was sitting here when I made my 'post' reply. I t is from 1982 dated in the lower left corner.
I KNOW if you read different literature from different years , you will find different 'specification', even if on the 'same'model gun, years before or after.
So bottom line. you're are "correct' also. I just hate to have to "show" or back up information ,when we answer any 'post' as it's ALWAYS "speculative", like rubber grips vs wood, is the gun loaded or unloaded too.
I just thought I 'd share the picture and anyone can copy and save for future reference. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I appreciate the info, and the table. Thank you.

nero

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Hey Dant: No problem. Is that table in the regular '82 catalog? Guess I could dig one out. I could easily be wrong on my numbers. I took it from my notes that I keep on the Diamondback Models. Either way, no big thing.

(I didn't even see your number for the Diamondback until after I made my post. You apparantly edited in your number.)

·
Registered
811 Posts

I guess you call it page 5 of the 'fold-up' catalog, from 1982, has the 'nickel' Python and the 'blued' Gov. model 45 on the cover.
You must really like your '22's. I know my wife does, she collects the Ruger .22's, Red Eagles, Bearcats and the Single Sixes from the 50's.
Thanks again, for the reply, any info is appreciated! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts