Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered a Colt 45 1927 model. It's a 1928 Pre-War Gov't with original box. This particular 45 is fitted with the same sights as you typically find on the fixed sight Pre-War National match. Gun is in 98% original finish. Excellent bore. Box is tattered, but mostly there. Could be an interesting gun to do some research on. The guy put it for $5k. Whats a good deal on it? How much would you pay? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
11,706 Posts
Pictures are too bad to tell much about the finish. I wouldn't disagree with the above figure unless it turns out to be better than it appears.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I said. Its high in price. I'll wait for a Colt prewar National Match instead. If that gun was offered for $2500, I'll probably get it but its overpriced. Its nice, but for that price I'll get a National Match

·
Registered
665 Posts
Is the finish on the magazine correct? May just be the lighting, but it looks wrong.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its 98% original. Excellent bore. Yes the price is high. What do you guys think is the appropiate price for this one at that condition. Its original blueing. Pictures might look alittle messed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts