Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best Carry aid since holsters: Perry's Suspenders

Welcome to the Perry Suspenders eStore

They are wide, great quality and they hook on belt, instant on and off. There also MANY different varieties, I use the "Original"; they also have varieties for constuction, with less elastic-properties, plus one that clips on the sides of the person (I wouldn't recommend for carrying a gun, straps could get in your way while drawing). Plus they have every conceievable pattern available, including one that has fishes on it if that's your thing.

Anyway, by adjusting, you can take as much weight off the belt as you wish, I Carry a full-size Colt 1911 (the WWI Reproduction), all steel and it feels very manageable for hours, I put about 50% of the weight of the gun on my shoulders, 50% on waist. Works great. I'm 64 and 5" 10" and 135lbs.

I use Perry's with close to any gun on, means I don't have to wear my belt too tight any of the time. For the 1911 I used to put it so tight to keep the gun in place I felt like my guts were being squeezed out of you-know-where.
I also wear a shark-skin belt which helps too.

The Perrys about $12 for the Original so not pricey. You can only buy them online at Perry's far as I know, but they ship fast and shipping costs are not bad.

Anyway: FYI. Worth a try in my book for anyone unless they Carry a real light weapon.

View attachment 22810
View attachment 22811

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Looks pretty good. I see you can get them in various colors, including camoflage. There is also sets in leather. Have you tried the one called the Outback? It has just 2 points of attachment and almost looks like a shoulder holster rig.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks pretty good. I see you can get them in variuos colors, including camoflage. There is also sets in leather. Have you tried the one called the Outback? It has just 2 points of attachment and almost looks like a shoulder holster rig.
Yeah, I tried the Outback, the one that goes to the sides. Not good for Carry, the straps are too close to the gun. The rest are fine.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Good to know -- Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts