Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, as soon as I posted this, I had the brain storm to look in Gunsmith Kinks. On page 341, it says to retract the slide until the arrow lines up, and to them turn the barrel 1/2 turn to the left. I can get the barel to wobble, but I can not turn it. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
There may still be some tension on the groves of the barrel. try moving the slide a little farther back, ( so the arrows aren't exactly lined up. The barrel should twist out with relatively little problem. Try and look at the website www.coltautos.com

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
What Bowhunter said.
Often you must move the slide just a bit foreward or aft to line up the locking lugs. Once you find the exact spot you may have to jiggle the barrel a bit as you rotate it. Often these old guns have a lot of crud in them. Whatever you do, DON'T use pliers or other hard tools to try and move the barrel. If it's really stuck a little Kroil and a lot of patience will get it out for you. Then a thorough cleaning and you're ready to go shooting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got it apart. I liberally sprayed it with penetrating oil and let it sit. Then when I wiggeld the barrel as I slowly moved the slide back and forth around the arrow, th ebarrel broke free and turned. Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts