Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the advice given here and purchased a Leupold 2x for my M41.

Local dealer and friend has mounting rings which I hope to get tomorrow or Thursday.

The 41 has a Weaver rail on it.

So, what's the basic procedure for sighting it in if my intention is to eventually shoot 50 silhouette matches with that combo?

(I think I know how to mount the scope, being careful not to over tighten and make sure everything is equally tightened. Right?)

thanks!

·
Administrator
7,119 Posts
I think this is what you're asking .

Use a boresighter if you have . If not , pull the barrel and carefully secure it (hold firm so it doesn't move) . Pick a spot on the wall as far away as possible . Look down the bore and line up with the spot . Hold firm . Then look down the scope and adjust the crosshair to the same spot . From there you'll have to zero at the range but you'll be close .

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this is what you're asking .

Use a boresighter if you have . If not , pull the barrel and carefully secure it (hold firm so it doesn't move) . Pick a spot on the wall as far away as possible . Look down the bore and line up with the spot . Hold firm . Then look down the scope and adjust the crosshair to the same spot . From there you'll have to zero at the range but you'll be close .
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Just need to get it on the paper to start with.

·
Administrator
7,119 Posts
Follow my recommendation and you should be on paper :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts