Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How\'d I do?

Picked me up a Detective Special today. I've had my eye out for one, and I found a beauty. I think it's a second series. The bluing is excellent, and the checkering on the grips is sharp. Overall I'd put it at 90%+. I paid $325 for it, which I didn't think was too bad, given the condition. Now I can't wait until Wednesday so I can pick it up (darn waiting period!)

------------------
-Gun control means using both hands-
JR

·
Registered
165 Posts
Re: How\'d I do?

I got mine for $225. Near mint condition, nickel finish. But that was several years ago before the price tags on Colt revolvers started going out of sight.

·
Registered
68 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab4ka:
Now I can't wait until Wednesday so I can pick it up (darn waiting period!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know that they had a waiting period in Fl. I'm surprised, since their concealed carry law is quite realistic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yup...3 days. Counties also have the option of making it 5 days if they want to. Guess I'd just have to get me a baseball bat if I really wanted to kill someone. Used to you could have them hold a different gun and take your new one with you, but you can't even do that anymore. I guess you have to take the good with the bad...Florida really does have good CCW laws. One nice one is that you can carry a gun in your vehicle (as long as it is "securely encased") without a permit.

------------------
JR

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well, I picked it up yesterday and went to the range today. It's in better shape than I remembered, and it shoots as good as it looks!

------------------
JR

·
Registered
32 Posts

Sounds like a fair price compared to some I've seen. I got a FL CCW license and with it there is no waiting time--a good thing, overall, to get. Mine was quite easy to obtain since I had the necessary military papers (old ones I must admit).

·
Registered
933 Posts

Colt prices are really crazy but so are us Colt collectors! Detective Specials that I have been looking at that are NIB or Like New have been carrying a price of $400-500.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NAVIGATOR:
Sounds like a fair price compared to some I've seen. I got a FL CCW license and with it there is no waiting time--a good thing, overall, to get. Mine was quite easy to obtain since I had the necessary military papers (old ones I must admit). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent off the paperwork for my FL CCW this past Tuesday. I've got the holster for the Detective Special...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts