Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nobody is perfect, but I have Colt!!!
So I think that 'cause you're all very nice, you will leave me a little room here.
I'm 50 and I am the father of 5 children, collector and shooter and big fan of what unites us all here.

Thank you for welcoming me here and see you soon.

PS:
I apologize in advance for my bad English, but as you know, the French are French ... :cool:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Bienvenue de Florida, Rooster! If you have a Colt, you are very nearly perfect. It's always good to have another overseas member join us. Don't apologize for your English. Your English is better than my French! Enjoy the Forum!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Bienvenue! My wife is French and we have a guest from Dijon staying with us this week. I took him to an indoor range where he shot firearms for the first time in his life. A 'natural', if I ever saw one! Easy to see he was pretty impressed.

I started him out with my S&W Model 41, then on to the Browning Hi-Power, and finally my Colt 1911 XS. Guys, care to guess which one was his favorite? That's right. He likes the ponies.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ola, Amigo! Texas here. Where in France? Have friend in Chartres. How hard is it to own handguns in France?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks you guys !!!

@ Marko: 2x DA .38 Model 1895, 1X Open Top .22 and some BP replicas from Uberti

@ Iwanna's wife:

Salut la belle, j'espère que tu te plais là bas et que la vie est chouette, ici c'est de plus en plus la galère à tous les niveaux ...

@Kolchaka:
I'm in the south near to the Provence.
Concerning our legislation, it's not really easy for a honest citizen to own guns, specially handguns. But it changed a bit last September and everything pre 1900 is collector, before it was 1870. That offers some opportunity when the price isn't to hight.
A license needs time (between 2 and 6 month) and a lot of papers with conditions and finally you're never the real owner of your gun 'cause it's only for 5 years and then you have to do everything like the first time. And if, for some reason, you no longer fits the profile, they take it. But these are the rules.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Senor Rooster,

Thanks for the French gun law update. I figured as much from what I have heard. Again, Bienvenidos, Welcome, Howdy, Aloha! Here in Texas we say "Come and Take It" or "Molon Labe!"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.