Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived. Looks like a fine forum. I found this forum after buying a Cobra snubby last Saturday at a gunshow. Looks to be in excellent condition (according to SN she was born in 1971. Am hoping to get to the range today to try her out.

Am looking forward to joining the discussions here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, icdux.

Got some range time in on Friday. The Cobra shot way high double action, but dead on when I switched to single -- either by hammering back or by staging the trigger.

All of my double action revolver experience thus far has been with Smiths and Tauruses. Not sure I'll be practicing enuf with the Cobra to master its double action for rapid fire, unless I get some snapcaps and work out at home. Meantime I expect I'll rely on staging at the range.

I could modify the grip with perhaps a Tyler T-grip, but not sure I want to compromise the classic look. I don't expect to be carrying the Cobra routinely, anyway. Right now it's a desk drawer special, but more likely than my Smith 442 to be carried as a backup, as the Smith is purely a belly gun, while the cocked or staged Cobra can deliver much better accuracy.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
clark, i agree on changing grip profile as i like the looks just as they are. but you could always buy an extra set just to use at the range. personally i like the herett`s ace grip for those guns, i see them on the classified section sometimes. they are kind of funny looking but give a large but thin grip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, icdux. I looked at Herrett's website. Too much money and trouble to order -- all that hand and frame sketching seems a tad over the top. I finally decided to order a set of Tyler-T's for 23 bucks. Won't look that bad, and maybe help me with the dbl action shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts