Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
The detail is amazing. Never had one of those, but I like the " effort" toy manufactures went through just to copy the real thing. I had a plastic 1911 that shot wooden bullets.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot that Hubley also had a shiny pot metal 1911 with black plastic grips and a removeable magazine. No retracting slide, though.

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
A hubley automatic 45 that looks more like the Colt 1903 above it.

DSCF0815.jpg

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,070 Posts
The best Colt replica toy I had when I was a kid back in the 50's was a plastic Detective Special that was almost certainly made using a real DS as a mold master.
The cylinder, frame, barrel, and brown grips were all one piece and nothing moved.
The hammer and trigger were a silver metal, double action only.
You could pull the hammer back and insert a metal "case". You put a soft plastic bullet on the end and a cap in a slot on the back.
The cap would shoot the bullet out the barrel.

The gun came with a tan plastic molded belt slide holster.
I played many an hour with that gun.
Perhaps for-telling my later career, I found a piece of black plastic tube and I converted my 2" DS to a 4" round butt Cobra.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
By Brother got me one of those a couple of years ago for my Birthday - Here's some photos of it with it's Big Brother. I didn't get the shoulder rig though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeah, I got one of the Hubley's in its original box. Seems like there is another similar one made by a Japanese company but lacking the Colt logo.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Robert, is there anything firearms related you don't collect? :D
I don't collect long guns and little guns. I do like Colt SAAs, big revolvers and automatics 1880s-WWI. Other than that a few pretty nice pieces here and there over a lot of years, mine and my Dad who had gunshop 1950s-'75.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts