Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:

I knew I liked that guy. Here is a candid pic of Bogie and two pals relaxing at home while cleaning some of his collection. How many Colts can you spot here?

Charlie Flick

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah, Ord-guy! Enjoyed the Bogie pix! Didn't know about him ... Mel Torme and Buddy Hackett and Red Skelton, I'd heard about. Can't tell much from the pic about models or brands, though - nice assortment.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey RC! Welcome Back. Where ya been, guy? The Forum has missed you, although it has been hopping around here lately. Lots of interest in Colt wheelguns and the Forum is closing in on 1200 members.

In the pic I see a M1911, a Colt Hammerless Pocket Auto, a Vest Pocket .25 Colt, 2 Single Actions, a New Sevice/M1917 and maybe a nickel Detective Special (?) on the table. Ya gotta admit he had good taste in handguns.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reddogge:
I think I see a Luger in there too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although it's pretty difficult to see it also could be a Finnish Lahti pistol L-35.

·
Administrator
7,046 Posts
While I have no proof , I had heard that he requested the property room use Colt's in his pics . If you're a Bogey fan , you'll spot them . Colt Govts , 32/380 Pockets and quite an assortment of Colt wheelguns . Always . I can't remember him carrying a Smith ?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
interesting. What kind of gun was he using in "Treasure of Sierra Madre"? The frame looks like an .38 Official Police 4 inch. But (and it's hard to tell on a movie and tv screen) the caliber size at the end of the barrel looks like it might be a .41 caliber Army

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
interesting. What kind of gun was he using in "Treasure of Sierra Madre"? The frame looks like an .38 Official Police 4 inch. But (and it's hard to tell on a movie and tv screen) the caliber size at the end of the barrel looks like it might be a .41 caliber Army

·
Administrator
7,046 Posts
Agreed . It looks like the .41 frame size . I would guess .38 Spl though as blanks were I'm sure easier to procur than .41 Colt blanks . imo

Army Special or Official Police no doubt . Great movie for guns , drama & action !
Did you notice the American , Bogey kept hitting up for a peso , was John Huston the director ? Or , the pesky little Mexican boy that sold him the lottery ticket was a Robert Blake ?

[This message has been edited by guy sajer (edited 04-05-2005).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts