Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this model Hunter holster? It appears to be a sturdy holster so I thought I'd add it to my collection. I can't seem to find a model online with the model number 3060 F2. Seems the only one close is the 1060 F2 with no tooling. Over the past couple of years I've added, Bianchi, Ojala, Alfonso's and a good many unbranded models to my collection. I hadn't seen this on the Internet prior to today. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
It's unclear what you're really asking because it's a well-known Hunter. Made also for Colt's own brand. Here's a "shotgun" answer that likely contains what you're looking for:

Font Material property Paper Document Paper product

Font Material property Parallel

Font Human leg Fashion design Pattern Ammunition

Best known for being the model that sparked all the Ruger SA lawsuits of the early '70s, when the uppermost attachment screw let go and dropped the SA onto its hammer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's unclear what you're really asking because it's a well-known Hunter. Made also for Colt's own brand. Here's a "shotgun" answer that likely contains what you're looking for:

View attachment 806092
View attachment 806091
View attachment 806090

Best known for being the model that sparked all the Ruger SA lawsuits of the early '70s, when the uppermost attachment screw let go and dropped the SA onto its hammer.
Thanks Red,
You sent me exactly what I was looking for. I'm guessing this model may have been discontinued by now?
Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yes that's the Hunter design. To know if it's a Hunter for Hunter, or if it's a Hunter for Colt's own branded holsters (Colt's holsters were made by Hunter, Ojala, Wolfram, and likely JayPee, depending on the model).one would have to see the backside. Here are both the Colt-marked version, and the Hunter-marked version; you can see they are the same holster otherwise:

Hand tool Tool Wood Office supplies Leather

Tool Rectangle Metal Fashion accessory Nickel

Suit trousers Hat Dress shirt Sleeve Sun hat

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that's the Hunter design. To know if it's a Hunter for Hunter, or if it's a Hunter for Colt's own branded holsters (Colt's holsters were made by Hunter, Ojala, Wolfram, and likely JayPee, depending on the model).one would have to see the backside. Here are both the Colt-marked version, and the Hunter-marked version; you can see they are the same holster otherwise:

View attachment 806194
View attachment 806195

View attachment 806196
Thanks Red,
The previous owner neglected to send a good photo of the back, so I'll have to wait until it arrives. I'll send some better pix when it gets here.
Thanks again,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts