Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Deer hunt with an 8" Anaconda. The .44 mag works well at 75 yrds and under . Has anyone taken game with their Python?There is a Python Hunter for sale I have been looking at . I have heard the .357 mag is not a suitable deer cartridge.Does anyone hunt with the .45 lc . Any comments. Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
I shot a nice very nice 6 point Michigan buck about 25 years ago with my Python. It was a meaty beast and was excellent "eats" for a long time. I shot it with a 158 grn soft point as I remember it, but it might have been a JHP. What I do remember was it made a heck of a hole on the way out and the deer just dropped. The distanced fired was between 5 and 7 yards. I was walking down the logging road to the field I was going to stake out on opening morning. The sun had just come up and the other hunters were already banging away. The deer jumped out into the road and froze. I unholstered the gun, slowly raised it and squeezed off one round. It just stood there slightly quartering to me.

The really fun part of the story was I got ribbed previously (unmercifully I might add) for being so young with a handgun hunting deer by the shooting camp. I was the only one to get a deer that weekend of the bunch, and I got the biggest of the season for the "guys".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts