Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And when it came today, I went over it with a dial vernier. The OP is a somewhat more rugged gun than a K frame Smith. Although it is not as rugged as an L frame, it is certainly enough gun for a .357.

This one happens to be a 32/20 and someone here said that according to the serial number it was made in the very early 40's. It is a good solid 90%er as far as the blue is concerned and mechanically more like 100% with a spotless bore and chambers. I paid $300 for it delivered. Did I get hurt any?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd say it was a pretty reasonable price if it is as you describe. It is the same frame as the Python. There is no question Colt felt the size was adequate for the .357. I have found them to be very accurate considering the fixed sights. While the reach is a little too long for me to fire double action comfortably, it is one of my favorites and I delight in shooting it single action. I hope you get many hours of shooting pleasure from your new OP. Ben

·
Registered
794 Posts
No you didn't get hurt at all! Those grips alone are going for between 50 & 100 dollars on e-bay. Looks like a great score for 300 OTD, IMHO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well good. I took it to the range today and it shoots pretty good too.

I do not own many Colts, having always been a Smith fan, but this OP compares quite favorably to a K frame Smith. It is a good rugged gun. Nice trigger too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts