Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a prolific seller of counterfeit "NIB" packages that has apparently seen the margins in Colt Bright Stainless. He is pursuing you with all he's got, and then some.

First up from GunsAmerica, a fake label on blue plastic case. We know with a "KV" prefix serial number, this KC didn't come from Colt packaged like this. But if that doesn't convince you, check out the details, the font, the scale and proportions. There is not a single character that is correct.

Unfired Colt King Cobra Bright Stainless for sale (924873175)

Next he has that most elusive of Colts, the Bright Stainless Anaconda. All bogus packaging, fake label and my money is on brushed stainless:

Unfired Colt Anaconda DT Bright Stainless for sale (973786449)

]

·
Registered
173 Posts
So, you think he polished them bright?

Really, is bright worth so much more than brushed that it would be worth it to do that?

I understand the faux boxes to make an extra Cnote, but not changing the finish on the revolver for a few bucks. That hardly makes sense to me even if shameless profiteering and swindling is the object.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
This forum is way too active,,,Its two o'clock on a Thursday afternoon,, doesn't anybody on there have a real job ? ;) I should be mowing the yard but this is much more fun.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
This forum is way too active,,,Its two o'clock on a Thursday afternoon,, doesn't anybody on there have a real job ? ;) I should be mowing the yard but this is much more fun.
You meant to say..."I should be out in the garge polishing a Anaconda and printing the label"! Lol

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
What someone NEEDS to do to help educate everyone on GB and other auction sites is to place an add on there just to draw attention to all this crap these days on repos. Gotta make it draw Att though and put all the colt makes in the subject line and then explain the bad from the good in the add. Then sit back and watch the prices start coming back to affordable land. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Heck with the Fools Prostrok. I used to want to save everyone also but I've just resigned myself to the idea that if they are dumb enough to not research and get educated on what they are buying, let them spend their money. Like you mentioned in another thread, i'm gonna sell chicken dung for $10k to these droans.

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
It's too hot to work (I just got in from working on a baler and changing a tire on a tractor) and besides, talking about and playing with guns beats work any day! :cool:

Look at me, an SAA guy reading about Anacondas!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I have had my share of bought lessons in this business though out the years. It can be no fun. I can remember when I was 16 years old saving up to buy a Remington 3200 skeet gun,, I worked all summer mowing yards. When I got the gun home I found the stock was cracked in two spots. All I got from the gun shop owner was laughed at when I confronted him. Needless to say several years later when he went broke, I was there to buy his remaining inventory at 60% on the dollar. Everything comes full circle.

John

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am too busy polishing my Anaconda and King cobra to read this. Lets see, cordless drill, steel wool ,flitz- anything I am missing? :D

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I am too busy polishing my Anaconda and King cobra to read this. Lets see, cordless drill, steel wool ,flitz- anything I am missing? :D
Jeffro what you need is a mounted polisher,works great,run on over to northern and pick you up one,it'll pay off on GB in the end

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well Kanatak,,, I NEVER lie. I only buy Unfired, NIB or As New Guns and sell them as such. "Read my listing" States gun is Unfired. Not NIB. One of my recent listings states "not sure about label, who can tell anymore. Gun is Unfired". IF NIB and Unfired, I will list as such. Guess what? No returns only repeat happy customers.
No offense to all of you gentleman, but I do not read the comments from here. One of my loyal fans was kind enough to notify me about this thread.
If you have ANY issues with me or my guns,, 989-846-0999. Capt. Steven Progler, FFL, Standish, Mich. 48658 on GA and GB.
I have a 154 A+ out of 157 on GB as a seller.. What do you have? I have 100% on GA.
I can name 20 + crooks on GB where you sell.. I know I have bought from them. Those guns I eat and keep for myself as shooters because I can not resell in good faith. I have had them, along with others help, get these assholes off GB. I only know of a few, trusted and honest sellers on GB and am in that crowd. I buy regularly from them and have my own circle of buyers.
I do not do anything to any gun but wipe them down.
I love what I and most of you do. Collect, buy and sometimes sell. If any of you want a 5 day, just ask. I know what I have. If the label, box or papers are questionable, I will not list as NIB. If the gun is unfired, IT IS UNFIRED.....
So here we are wasting time because you want to , what?
"Prolific seller of counterfeit guns". Cheap shot. TISK,TISK.
You have my number.
Sorry Prostrok. I now know who you are. Just trying to reply.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Well Prostock,,, I NEVER lie. I only buy Unfired, NIB or As New Guns and sell them as such. "Read my listing" States gun is Unfired. Not NIB. One of my recent listings states "not sure about label, who can tell anymore. Gun is Unfired". IF NIB and Unfired, I will list as such. Guess what? No returns only repeat happy customers.No offense to all of you gentleman, but I do not read the comments from here. One of my loyal fans was kind enough to notify me about this thread.If you have ANY issues with me or my guns,, 989-846-0999. Capt. Steven Progler, FFL, Standish, Mich. 48658 on GA and GB. I have a 154 A+ out of 157 on GB as a seller.. What do you have? I have 100% on GA.I can name 20 + crooks on GB where you sell.. I know I have bought from them. Those guns I eat and keep for myself as shooters because I can not resell in good faith. I have had them, along with others help, get these assholes off GB. I only know of a few, trusted and honest sellers on GB and am in that crowd. I buy regularly from them and have my own circle of buyers.I do not do anything to any gun but wipe them down. I love what I and most of you do. Collect, buy and sometimes sell. If any of you want a 5 day, just ask. I know what I have. If the label, box or papers are questionable, I will not list as NIB. If the gun is unfired, IT IS UNFIRED.....So here we are wasting time because you want to , what? "Prolific seller of counterfeit guns". Cheap shot. TISK,TISK.You have my number.
Still sitting here wondering how your response was aimed at me????? Not a dam clue? Just throwing out my thoughts about the repo boxs and such

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well at least he didn't deny that the labels are fake.....he just beat-around-the-bush, and changed the subject.

Reactions: prostrok

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
This whole situation is a excellent example of how the counterfiet Boxes, Hang Tags,ect are contaminating the market and are giving people grief they shouldn't be having to deal with.When the Boxes and labels are obvious fakes it immeadiately brings suspicion on the "seller" with the logic being if the boxes and labels are fake then how can I trust that the gun is legitimate? This brings me to my take on this issue.Unless the "seller" is absolutely sure the boxes and tags are legit then the gun should be sold for what it is and the price can be determined by the merits of the gun only. If the "Box" is to be included with the deal the "seller" should be up front and say he/she is not certain if the box is original to the gun.I have backed out of a few sales because the "seller" is saying LNIB or NIB and the box is fake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have dealt with Captainsteve and I can honestly say his snake produts are top of the line. What is up with all of this BULLPLOP now !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts