Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
but they can take an already heavy platform and make it even heaver. I think this 38 super is heavier than my long slide Fusion 10MM. It shoots like a dream , but have to do something about those para grips :X. This is my first experience with this mfg as I always shied away from the double stack 1911's

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have any experience with their newer guns....but I have a double stack 45 SA, that I have shot and carried for many years ( early 90's), also bought two of their frame kits.....back when they just sold the frame kits to convert your single stack 45 to a double stack.......one was alloy and one was steel.....had both of them custom built by two big name shops using Colt series 70 slides to my spec's and have also carried and shot them for years.....I have big hands, so the grip issue is not one for me......Always thought it was the best of both worlds...a 1911 pattern platform that holds a bunch of those chubby 45 acp rounds....That pistol you have pictured is a nice looking super.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a Para Tac Five, which was released as a double stack, LDA 9mm. I ordered a new .38 Super barrel from them and a couple of extended magazines from CDNN when they were on sale, and I now have a 20+1 .38 Super. This gun is 100% reliable, and while the LDA takes some getting used to, it's very easy to shoot. BTW, the Para 9mm and .38 Super magazines are interchangeable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How are the triggers on your Para's?? My brother bought one a couple years ago and it has the heaviest, inconsistent gritty trigger pull I've ever felt on a 1911. He was complaining about the accuracy so I tried it and it's actually very accurate, but the trigger makes it very hard to shoot well. I really like the gun other wise, nice sights, and reliable. But I wouldn't trade him for my Sig 1911 even though his is prettier.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trigger on this thing is pretty darn good. It is somewhere between my Delta Elite and Kimber Match II. I have never put it on the scale but it is not creepy or gritty at all. I would estimate about 4 lbs with clean break

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the three SA Para's I own, the trigger's break at 4.5 lbs....which is my pref, but they are not factory...I have stoned and "tweaked" the factory gun and the other two were built to my spec's....I have also shot several of the LDA pistols and the trigger takes some getting used to, but they were very smooth and light for a DA type trigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts