Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have any experience with their newer guns....but I have a double stack 45 SA, that I have shot and carried for many years ( early 90's), also bought two of their frame kits.....back when they just sold the frame kits to convert your single stack 45 to a double stack.......one was alloy and one was steel.....had both of them custom built by two big name shops using Colt series 70 slides to my spec's and have also carried and shot them for years.....I have big hands, so the grip issue is not one for me......Always thought it was the best of both worlds...a 1911 pattern platform that holds a bunch of those chubby 45 acp rounds....That pistol you have pictured is a nice looking super.

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the three SA Para's I own, the trigger's break at 4.5 lbs....which is my pref, but they are not factory...I have stoned and "tweaked" the factory gun and the other two were built to my spec's....I have also shot several of the LDA pistols and the trigger takes some getting used to, but they were very smooth and light for a DA type trigger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.