Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been waiting on my archive letter since early June. I got a call from Colt getting my updated credit card info ( as some of you may remember I had an fraud issue with my card and need to update it which was easy after all I was told to just wait my turn and they would call me). He confirmed that my 2.5" stainless does letter at a Lew Horton!!!! I was happy with getting the gun and to find up after the fact that it is in fact a pretty rare one I could not be happier, but now what to do with it... Shoot it or stick it in the back of the safe and just look at it every once in a while. I have no idea of it's true value but I would say more than any other python I have. I don't have any plans on selling it but one never knows. The wife it wanting to purchase a new house and this would put a nice chunk in the down payment pot, but it would have to be one of those offers I could not refuse before I would sell it!

Thanks for the input on it.

Here are a few pics
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
You can call Lew Horton direct also and they will tell you immediately if you have one of their guns.

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
You can call Lew Horton direct also and they will tell you immediately if you have one of their guns.
Yes just give them your serial number and its Free!!!:)

Congrats on your Python! I think they made like 70 of the 2.5 inch regular stainless ported and about 80 in Bright (Again if my memory serves me correctly).

EDIT: I remember seeing letters on each which gave the actual numbers, but I just googled and found someone whom had both for sale on GA a about 12-18 months ago. I remember looking at the guns and considering purchasing one. He said 80 of the regular stainless were made and 88 of the Bright ported 2.5" Lew Hortons.

Reactions: coltpython

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
A NIB Lew Horton Python sold on GA for $4950. Would you pay almost $5000 for a shooter?
Was this recently? The reason I ask is the NIBs were bringing around 5k a year ago.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Safari72 will clean it all up and sell it for $8500 this winter. I would say that is a nice profit not overpaying.

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
As far as that 6000 one, it leaves me speechless :confused:... I don't even know what to say lol.
I guess the old saying goes if you cant run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
I will be staying on the porch because I have no desire to run with the big dogs.:cool:

Reactions: coltpython

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have my NIB example listed for $14500 and have had sniffs there. Mine is even rarer than most because it is in the picture box and most were just in the blue plastic clamshell case with label on the end.

You're gun is probably worth $8000 on the open market.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.