Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found these two pistols at a gunstore and would like to know something about them. The Officier Model is in really nice shape. It has a 6" barrel and is 38SPL and is listed as a target 2nd issue. It's serial number 352184 and is $329.95. The Colt DA 1889 Navy has a 4 1/2 barrel and is .41. The serial number is 878 in several places but on the butt there is 28 then 907. It has what looks like black rubber grips with COLT on them and the Colt roll mark looks unlike any I've ever seen...maybe because I've never seen a Colt this old. The finish is really worn and they want $595.95 for it. Are either of these good deals? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sonny01

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just came back from a store that had a 300$ blue S&W 19 that was pinned and recessed and in excellant condition but when you pulled the trigger, stopped the hammer and wiggled the cylinder it moved. Also, when you cocked it and pushed a little on the hammer it fired. I don't know what these tests are called but I learned them here on this forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.