Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had all that issue behind me a month or more ago.Today I was logging onto GunBrokers and my account was suspended again.I haven't missed a beat sense the guy tried to shaft me with a $30 shipping charge for 3 Zippo lighters.I had put up a $1 fee and opened my credit card so they could pull money from my account if I failed to follow through with any auctions.Maybe it's because of the new year.I e-mailed customer support,and I have my fingers crossed.I really need to be able to track auctions for reference when I do buy a gun.You know how it is.Not to mention I finally found a derringer I want and it's cheap and wont finish for 2 more days.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You're right on about Auction Arms.com. Another site I've had excellent luck with (in buying Colts, particularly) is Gunsamerica.com. Not an auction site, but a retail site...Don't see so many inflated, 'dreaming' prices, and it's a good reference point if you're looking to price a gun.
Don

·
Registered
991 Posts
There is life after GunBroker...

The above comment about AuctionArms being a better auction site is correct in my opinion. I personally don't understand why GB is so popular. Maybe they were the first to get started.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the GunBroker thing settled again.You're right though.Auction Arms is probably the better site.Also GunsAmerica is even better.I just like to be able to put the guns on GB on a watchlist and see where they're going,or what they sell for.I use the site for a price reference,,,after I widdle out the shill bidded auctions of course.

For those that think they're not a chevis,or wanta look down on me because of this mis-step,,the hell with ya.I'm not on here for your enjoyment to make fun of and to let you think you're some kinda god.I'm a human being,and I make mistakes too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's better to be thought a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Not meant as a slam chevis. Just something to think about. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

For those that think they're not a chevis,or wanta look down on me because of this mis-step,,the hell with ya.

[/ QUOTE ] hey chelvis we all mess up. i suggest "we all hang together, lest we all surely hang seperatly" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif the fact that g/b charged your credit card without hearing out your dispute tell`s me all i need to know about their customer service.i would refund the sellers g/b fees and tell him to try and collect the rest /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no,,I never had to pay for the sellers fee.They charged my CC for an administration fee.They told me that if and when I did this again I would pay for the sellers fee.Which I have no problem with that.

But I did dig my feet in on that one sellers attitude and wasn't going to be hijacked.If Im right Im right,and if I'm wrong I'm wrong and will pay the piper.

My edit,,,I was only charged a one dollar fee for the administrtion fee,,in case I didn't state that already

·
Registered
267 Posts
My first "purchase" on GB was an absolute disaster that eventually was squared away. I was high bidder on some vintage sambar stags for a 1911. Weeks went by with me attempting to contact the seller and GB. I ended up with a big fat bad as it can get rating and the tag of a "non paying bidder."

As it ended up (as I understand it) , there was some mistake on GB's part that blocked my e-mail address being routed/accessed thru their system. The seller never new I was trying to contact him as he was attempting to e-mail me.

Eventually, thanks to the seller, I ended up with the grips and a good rating.
I was nervous on my next attempt at one of GB's auctions, but all went as it should. Twenty some auctions later and all is well.

I too like AA better!

·
Registered
47 Posts
In my opinion, the selection on GB is vastly greater than on AA, although there is a paucity of quality items on both. GB also has superior search facilities and their eBay-like display has a professionally produced look and feel as opposed to the amateurish AA interface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts