Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally was able to pickup my MKIII Officers Model Match. It is a beauty. The only shot ever put through it was from the factory. I was extremely lucky to find this one in Kalifornia, especially since it was 1 of 496 ever made. I was planning on taking some photos of it but the camera took a %&*@. I will get picks as soon as I can. I just had to share my excitement /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FC

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I expect it will be a while before you can afford a new camera now. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Fabulous. Has Kalifornia imposed a ban on new guns or what? I'm from illinois and not familiar with the laws out there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kalifornia has the worst laws for people who are law biding citizens. One of which is the Certified handgun list aka Drop list. Get this, for a manufacturer to be allowed to sell their handgun here every 3 years they must submit 3, count em 3, of each handgun they want to be approved for sale to the Ca. Dept of Justice for a safety test. Now check this out. If a model weapon comes in two different finishes, both the finished need to be submitted.

As for the Colts. Because Colt is no longer making revolvers they have not been submitting their weapons to be on the list and therefore cannot be obtained in Kalifornia unless via a private party transfer. Meaning the gun has to be in Kalifornia in the hands of a person who wants to sell it to another person in said state. It cannot come from out of state. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif This has caused the Colt revolvers in Kalifornia to fetch $300 - $1000 over the prices throughout the country. Be happy you lived elsewhere.

Thus this is why I am happy I got this piece.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'm stunned. I thought our laws here (requiring an owners card, FOID to purchase, mandatory background checks, and waiting periods)were bad. We also have the mayor of the peoples republic of Chicago who launches a laundry list of anti-gun measures every session of the general assembly, assisted by an anti-gun Gov. So far sounds like we haven't gotten it that bad.
Congratulations on your purchase!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts