Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holster 1.jpg Holster 2.jpg Holster 3.jpg Holster 4.jpg

Well, just got this Holster and it looks to me like Galco thinks that it's OK to stuff 3 lbs into a 2 pound bag of [email protected]#. Not happy.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps you could be a little more explicit in your complaint.
Appears to have been molded for a smaller 2" (probably 5 shot). Also doesn't appear to accept the trigger guard at all.

Reactions: nowinca and ei8ht

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: nowinca and ei8ht

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Then the thing is definitely too small. It has to be a snafu with Galco. Maybe incorrect packaging?
I think that they didn't take into account the larger trigger guard or 6 shot size and just added another gun to an existing 2" product.

It will work but in my opinion is just not right....

Has anyone else got one of these? If so, is it the same fit?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You have to break it in. It is not a perfect fit but it gets better. Put the gun in a plastic bag and keep putting it in the holster a number of times over and over. Then once it starts to slide in easier and further in then twist the gun. It will seat much better than what you are seeing. Before working it in.

After breaking it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you!

Reactions: porsche and ei8ht

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
My thoughts are - all those fits are even worse than any of my Double Eagle's in any brand/model holster .
Trigger guard fitment is horrible . I would think that it is molded for a reason .

I then contacted Kramers , they made me three ... perfectly!
Always thought Galco was a better brand , but not so much anymore .

i would contact Kramers for an inquiry .

i would send pictures to Galco and say " Are you kiddin me ? "

Congrats on on your Cobras , I will wait for a 3" , .22 or blued or blackened one .

·
Registered
207 Posts
That holster borders on unsafe. Not acceptable.
Fit should be like this....
97C32971-377A-4476-AAAF-5A7A4C26D3F5.jpeg

I heard Galco was just jamming the 2017 Cobra into an old D frame holster. My Kramer is a perfect fit and made from the correct mold. I believe Andrews Leather is also set up to make the correct holster. Be careful. Some other otherwise reputable
makers are claiming the old style holsters will fit. Yeah, probably like yours

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Marruned. Can you please let us know where you got the rubber grips that's on your gun?
Yes Sir, from VZ Grips, they have these with and without the "Colt." These are called VZ Operator II, Black Gray G10. Not sure what they are made from but I like them a lot.
From the site - "dual textured grip. Aggressive Recon texture up front and the mild slants toward the rear for a more comfortable EDC grip."
https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/colt/coltr-cobra/vz-operator-iitm

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been getting carried away with some new Stocks.
Another VZ for my Delta Elite and Altamont for my Shooter Python (never had original stocks)
Delta.Blue.jpg Python Grip.jpg Python Grip 2.jpg

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Well, they didn't waste any leather! Like your grips, though.
Every business screws up occasionally, I'm sure they'll replace it with one that fits... It's obvious the holster was not moulded to fit the new Colt Cobra. :rolleyes:
Could be worse, are you sure your Colt revolver doesn't have the wrong barrel mounted backwards on it? QC "ain't" what it used to be...:p

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Every business screws up occasionally, I'm sure they'll replace it with one that fits... It's obvious the holster was not moulded to fit the new Colt Cobra. :rolleyes:
Could be worse, are you sure your Colt revolver doesn't have the wrong barrel mounted backwards on it? QC "ain't" what it used to be...:p
No complaints against the gun (except Fiber Optic Front Sight). I really like this little revolver and will be very happy when a real Front night Sight is available.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts