Colt Forum banner

I hate feeling like I've been taken. 2017 Cobra (not) Galco Holster

4K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Coyote56 
#1 ·
Handgun holster Belt
Handgun holster Gun accessory Revolver Starting pistol
Footwear Design Fashion accessory Shoe Tie

Well, just got this Holster and it looks to me like Galco thinks that it's OK to stuff 3 lbs into a 2 pound bag of Sh@#. Not happy.

See less See more
Reactions: ei8ht
#5 ·
Appears to have been molded for a smaller 2" (probably 5 shot). Also doesn't appear to accept the trigger guard at all.

Reactions: nowinca and ei8ht
#18 ·
Every business screws up occasionally, I'm sure they'll replace it with one that fits... It's obvious the holster was not moulded to fit the new Colt Cobra. :rolleyes:
Could be worse, are you sure your Colt revolver doesn't have the wrong barrel mounted backwards on it? QC "ain't" what it used to be...:p

#19 ·
No complaints against the gun (except Fiber Optic Front Sight). I really like this little revolver and will be very happy when a real Front night Sight is available.

#9 ·
You have to break it in. It is not a perfect fit but it gets better. Put the gun in a plastic bag and keep putting it in the holster a number of times over and over. Then once it starts to slide in easier and further in then twist the gun. It will seat much better than what you are seeing. Before working it in.

After breaking it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#12 ·
My thoughts are - all those fits are even worse than any of my Double Eagle's in any brand/model holster .
Trigger guard fitment is horrible . I would think that it is molded for a reason .

I then contacted Kramers , they made me three ... perfectly!
Always thought Galco was a better brand , but not so much anymore .

i would contact Kramers for an inquiry .

i would send pictures to Galco and say " Are you kiddin me ? "

Congrats on on your Cobras , I will wait for a 3" , .22 or blued or blackened one .

#14 ·
That holster borders on unsafe. Not acceptable.
Fit should be like this....
Handgun holster Leather Gun accessory

I heard Galco was just jamming the 2017 Cobra into an old D frame holster. My Kramer is a perfect fit and made from the correct mold. I believe Andrews Leather is also set up to make the correct holster. Be careful. Some other otherwise reputable
makers are claiming the old style holsters will fit. Yeah, probably like yours

#16 ·
Yes Sir, from VZ Grips, they have these with and without the "Colt." These are called VZ Operator II, Black Gray G10. Not sure what they are made from but I like them a lot.
From the site - "dual textured grip. Aggressive Recon texture up front and the mild slants toward the rear for a more comfortable EDC grip."
https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/colt/coltr-cobra/vz-operator-iitm

#17 ·
I've been getting carried away with some new Stocks.
Another VZ for my Delta Elite and Altamont for my Shooter Python (never had original stocks)
Gun Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun Shotgun
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

#22 ·
Great news...Ritchie Bros. Leather in Buffalo NY now has a proper mold to make holsters for the new Cobra. I have quite a few of their holsters and all are top notch quality; customer service is excellent. Their CQ-QR holster is one of the best designs ever. It’s comfortable and super concealable. Pictured is one I have been using for years with my S&W Shield 9mm.
I also use the CQ-QR for my Ruger SR1911 Commander, Sig P229, and Glock 30S.
Check these guys out. You will not be disappointed.

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
When I saw Coyote56's post I went to Ritchie Bros site and filled out the on-line form, I almost forgot about it but they got a hold of me a couple of weeks later. Once the order was placed it took about 3 weeks to deliver. Here it is, nice fit, proper molding and the trigger is completely covered.
Handgun holster Revolver Gun accessory Leather

Reactions: Stevez
#31 ·
Seems like an awfully long time for a production holster. Ritchie Bros. are couple-three weeks for a hand crafted piece. Grizzle is about 13 weeks (yep..long) unless you pony up thesurcharge for “expedited service”, and Kramer 7-8. I have owned Galco gear; it’s OK. Comparing it though, to any of the “craft” makers is kind of like comparing Budweiser to St. Bernardus.

#24 ·
Has anyone asked El Paso Saddlery whether they're making a holster for the new Cobra? They're usually very quick in such things in my experience.

#32 · (Edited)
It lists a bunch of Pistols on the packaging, lists a Ruger First, SP101 2 1/4", 5 shot. I'm not sure which one of them it was molded for but it wasn't for the 2017 Cobra.

I actually like Galco Holsters, but when it ain't right, it ain't right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.