Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good night all;
My dilemma plainly is a tough decision. I have a 1973 Pocket .25 NIB, unfired with the works. I have always wanted to have a .25 to carry and shoot and am debating making this a shooter/carry piece, but I am uncertain due to its current condition. I would like to put ivories on it, particularly if I decide to carry it. What's everybodies thoughts...leave it virgin or use it for its purpose? Buy another vest pocket in used condition and put this one away? Trade/sell it for another vest pocket to shoot/carry? I know there will be many different opinions out there and figured this would create an interesting discussion. Pics to come hopefully tomorrow. Look forward to seeing the replies tomorrow.
Thanks,
J

J

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I would use it for the purpose intended when you purchased it. Why would you second guess that now? You bought it, make the changes you want and enjoy it. If you stress over every little thing with it then it is not the right gun

·
Premium Member
9,869 Posts
An "Automatic .25" hammer gun is not a hammerless "Vest Pocket." An "Automatic .25" is not a high value gun, even as a new package as described. Such a package probably would not bring much over $450, if that, although two bidders may admire the package enough to run it up and surprise you.

Why put ivory stocks on a carry gun? A carry gun is a tool, not a show piece. Of course, it is your gun and you should do what pleases you.

If you want a small carry gun, sell the Automatic .25 to a collector (or keep it as a collector's item) and buy a Kel-Tec P32 for under $250. The round is a lot more effective and the gun is safer and lighter. For a little more money, size and weight, you could move up to a Kel-Tec P3AT or one of the other small .380ACP pistols.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Judge,
Thanks for the clarification. You are correct, I should not have described it as a vest pocket, although I do like those old guns. These are more collectible and different. I guess I thought there was more value in the pocket .25's from a collectors status. I'm probably just going to enjoy it for what it is.
Heh Rob,
You are also correct, use it for its purpose. I suppose I was being too picky about the unfired condition in a gun that is not highly collectible. Hope all is well. May still be in the game on that 3 digit Python I was telling you about. I'll let you know if I get it.

J

J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.