Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good night all;
My dilemma plainly is a tough decision. I have a 1973 Pocket .25 NIB, unfired with the works. I have always wanted to have a .25 to carry and shoot and am debating making this a shooter/carry piece, but I am uncertain due to its current condition. I would like to put ivories on it, particularly if I decide to carry it. What's everybodies thoughts...leave it virgin or use it for its purpose? Buy another vest pocket in used condition and put this one away? Trade/sell it for another vest pocket to shoot/carry? I know there will be many different opinions out there and figured this would create an interesting discussion. Pics to come hopefully tomorrow. Look forward to seeing the replies tomorrow.
Thanks,
J

J

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Judge,
Thanks for the clarification. You are correct, I should not have described it as a vest pocket, although I do like those old guns. These are more collectible and different. I guess I thought there was more value in the pocket .25's from a collectors status. I'm probably just going to enjoy it for what it is.
Heh Rob,
You are also correct, use it for its purpose. I suppose I was being too picky about the unfired condition in a gun that is not highly collectible. Hope all is well. May still be in the game on that 3 digit Python I was telling you about. I'll let you know if I get it.

J

J

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.