Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this gun many years ago (1997 or 1998?). Unfortunately it has sat in the gun safe most of these years and I'm considering selling it. Anyone know where I can get an appraisa for something like this? The little research I was able to do appears that approximately 300 of these were might. Unable to verify if that is correct or not. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is the number that I am familiar with also, supposedly the quantity for a contract that fell through. The best way to get a value idea is online auctions such as GunBroker. There are several 3" DS-IIs currently listed and you can check completed auctions to see what they have or have not sold for. Where are you located? :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! That is it!!! Thank you! I will check through GunBroker tonight after work.And thank you again. I am in Arlington TX but having a hard time getting good results in google for local appraisers for firearms

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Yes! That is it!!! Thank you! I will check through GunBroker tonight after work.And thank you again. I am in Arlington TX but having a hard time getting good results in google for local appraisers for firearms
hey mouserGuy i'm interested in your colt . i live just north of you in Frisco/Celina on Preston Rd. give me a call to see if i can afford it. or e-mail me @ [email protected] or 972-971-0411
thanks
Raul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late reponse. Will definitely contact you soon. Need to do a little more research and nail down a value

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
If the gun is new in the box unfired perfect, I will pay 1000.00 shipped. To be honest its worth more than my cash offer, but atleast you have something concrete. You see these guns listed for 1700 plus,, but a realist figure in my mind is 12-13 hundred. This is if the gun is NIB. I have sold two NIB 3 incher in the 18 months for 11 each,but guns are up somewhat in the past 6 months.

John Fugate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one I have looks like the second pic without silver medallion in the grip. Unfortunately I did not keep the box. I bought it for concealed carry and never intended to sell. I had to move into a 1 bedroom apartment back in 98 or 99 and had. O room to keep any empty boxes. Very comfortable to carry and have a holster and speed loader. May post I the WTS forum before trying GunBroker

·
Registered
862 Posts
They are a very hard find in the 3" variety but not having the box is a few hundred dollar value hit as it decreases collect-ability. John's $1000 offer sounds very fair IMHO and you will not find a better gentleman to deal with. Best of luck with your sale you should have no problem finding a willing buyer.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
The one I have looks like the second pic without silver medallion in the grip.
My bad in the pics. The first pic is one I purchased without the box and without original stocks. I don't even recall what was on it, but I put a set of SF-VI stocks on until I found originals. The same gun is in the third pic with originals. Sorry for any confusion. :cool:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
They are a very hard find in the 3" variety but not having the box is a few hundred dollar value hit as it decreases collect-ability. John's $1000 offer sounds very fair IMHO and you will not find a better gentleman to deal with. Best of luck with your sale you should have no problem finding a willing buyer.

Thank You for the vote of confidence,, I appreciate your kind words.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts