Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh-oh. Has the inevitable taken place? A gun-news friend told me the other day that it was official - from whom, he didn't say, that Colt, as I've known it, is done. He said, they said, ... the doors are closed and the factory isn't building anything for you and me to buy, anymore. I've heard these stories before and didn't pay a whole lot of attention. Then, this evening, I looked up some Colts on the USA Arms web page and every Colt I clicked on was tagged as unavailable. So, ... Joe, tell me it ain't so!?

5 Posts
I haven't heard anything along those lines. Anything's possible, though. I would imagine that the media would go into overdrive playing up a story about a gun maker going out of business. I hope it's not true.

·
Registered
7 Posts
According the this link http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=76854 over at the 1911 forum there is a rumor that resurfaces every so often about Colt no longer selling to civilians. Read the link, but a synopsis is that someone twisted another story. Colt, nor the other manufacturers direct sell to individuals, only to FFL's. I did several internet searches today and found no reference to Colt being closed (that would have made the news!). Their website is still active and phones are turned on (I called today). I had ordered the sear safety clip and manual just last week for my Mustang and got them last Friday

[This message has been edited by TomSwift (edited 03-26-2004).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts