Registered
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: PICARDIE and ei8ht

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just so difficult to separate fake news from real news these days. If that's a serious news report at least we know how wrong it is. It's sad to think about all the uninformed out there that will take it as truth.

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
I would guess the caption was made in error, rather than from ignorance of not knowing the difference between a shotgun and an AR-15. Few "uninformed" are watching You Tube gun videos, so the misinformation will be of little effect.

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not just the caption being wrong...the reporter narrating is misinformed as well. I guess she was the result of outcome-based education.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
They lie because most folks don't know the difference which allows them to get away with the lie. I don't watch a lot of news because all my life the media has lied when it comes to guns so what about the other stories, are those stories lies too?

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent point. When I was in law enforcement (and also when in college during the Vietnam War protests) I was present at many media covered events which, if you watched the news or read about events in print, bore little similarity to what really happened. Camera angles and photo cropping can do a lot to shape how an event looks and can be easily manipulated to achieve a desired effect...whether an objective reporting or slanted with an editorial objective.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I doubt the media cares how bad they have hurt their reputation by telling lies like they do but it will show in the ratings. That AR15 lie will be shown many times as proof they are liars about guns.

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah...it's a shotgun that identifies as an AR-15. This is surely something the culture warriors should jump on and support.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
4,465 Posts
Amendment 1 guarantees a free press, not an accurate, unbiased or intelligent one.

So, now with the Cali shooting, what are we supposed to do? This deranged fellow was accused recently of robbery and a stabbing - but was out! It almost seems like certain factions want senseless violence to further their agenda.

Love our President or hate him, he accurately described what we are seeing as a mental health issue.

But, what about the judge who released the shooter?

Immune from sanctions or prosecution.

Is this any wonder?

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
a
It's just so difficult to separate fake news from real news these days. If that's a serious news report at least we know how wrong it is. It's sad to think about all the uninformed out there that will take it as truth.
Truth be known, there probably aren't that many people who would really care! That isn't what I would call "fake news" anyhow, simply ignorant, uninformed, perhaps misinformed, "news". If you want "Fake News" you'd have to switch over to FOX News Channel, and listen to Sean Hannity's mindless drivel...and that isn't just sad. it's actually pathetic...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.