Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new here, hope this post is ok! i just bought a used colt le6920. it appears lightly used (very little wear on shell deflector, gas tube isnt much discolored). it came with the carbine handguards and a colt marked Rogers superstock. the lower has no qr code on it, serial number is le136xxx range. it came with an as new vortex strikefire2 (already replaced with an aimpoint pro). i paid $618 for it. was that a fair price? what year range is this (colt serial number lookup doesnt find this gun)

thanks for any help, and if you need pics please let me know!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'd say you did good on the price. I got double that in mine which was the last one in a local Walmart during the Obama administration. Wow how things have changed. When trying to determine usage. Always check the buffer face and bolt cam for heavy wear signs. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Congrats, Wow that's a great deal in my opinion if it have very little wear.

I bought same as yours way back in March 2011 and my serial number was LE105XXX it also had the Colt-Rogers SuperStoc, included are a detachable carry handle with square forge mark (Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises), had the mil type side sling swivel mounted on the barrel at the front sight base, in the accessories bag two Colt marked aluminum 20 rounds mags, steel section cleaning rods, chamber and bore brush, standard black nylon sling with two buckles, a heavy duty push button sling swivel, and the owner's instructions manual.

My best guess is that yours was either made in 2011 or 2012 when they were using the Colt-Rogers stocks, because near the end of 2012 the factory started to use the standard M4 type II waffle buttstock, then the official 2013 configuration had the same M4 stock.

Aimpoint optics are great I've been a long time owner for 28 years and never had any problems with them.

Are you going to keep it original or are you going to change some things on it? Let us know.

Reactions: SanchoPanza

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pics, or it didn't happen...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts