Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to rescue this 4" 22LR Diamondback. It looked so lonely in the case. Anyone got any new excuses for the wifey pooh that I haven't used?

Snuggled up to it's twin sister, also in 22LR.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I pretend to have Alzheimer's and claim I forgot I already had one like it! Might not work for you if you are still of tender years..........

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: I just had to get another Diamondback...22LR..

Did you get a new camera, because that 1st photo is excellent. Man that is a nice looking DB!

I don't know about your opinion, but who says the wife needs to be told anything at all. Nice score Dick.

·
Registered
185 Posts

"The devil made me do it!" /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Did you get a new camera, because that 1st photo is excellent. Man that is a nice looking DB!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is the same camera, it is just an overcast day today and the lighting is just right.
Gun is 100%, been fired 12 times, but unfortunately the guy could not find the box or papers to go with it. I didn't care as I only paid $600 OTD for it.
Thanks

·
Registered
991 Posts

"She's almost as beautiful as you are, honey."

Use lots'a syrup...

That's a nice one '68!

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

I'm going to get your wife to tell me where you shop. That will solve her problem and mine. Nice find. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
705 Posts

You tell your wife? Some people never learn. LOL I say buy her something shiney and expensive, that usually works for me. Oh by the way, very nice Diamondback.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Another beauty Dick.

Nice pics ta boot.

I can count the holes in the screen in your lanie.
Sorry, don't have a clue as to how to spell "La-n-Eye"

It's so sharp I can see a No-See-um and a Palmetto bug outside in the yard. LOL

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Very nice DB Dick. I can understand why you just had to give it a new home. I generally just don't say anything until it comes up. Usually doesn't come up until long after and .... "Oh that one. I had that one for a long time." A tired explanation, but it works.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks one and all.
Problem with wifey pooh is, the only way to make sure I know where all her's are is tell where mine are. Never know when one of us might need one.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
With all the rest of your Dbacks how can she tell there is one more in the pack?
Congrats on another very nice find.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did use the "Sweetie,it's almost as pretty as you" and that seemed to work pretty well. I also did the "it's and investment" bit and she just yawned.
Anyway, it's found a home and the walls are still standing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Ah, how beautiful the married life can be!
With that reaction -espescially the yawn part- you just know there goes a happy married couple!

For when a man is troubled by these questions in life as to how to tell the misses about his fall into temptation and when a woman can - in a way only women can - give you the space to indulge yourself in these frovolities but at the same time give you the deliberate impression that you can tell her everything you want but won't be fooled by it, proves one thing and one thing only...

You sir married the right one! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congratulations on your newest aquisition for your rattle pit!

Gunsmoke.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My wife knows even if I don't say anything that when I go to gunshows, new toys show up. It is a fact of life. I try not to make any excuses... afterall it is an investment. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man, that is sweet. I had a friend many years ago with one and I shot it quite a bit. I haven't seen one in years. I am new to the forum what did that put you back if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Man, that is sweet. I had a friend many years ago with one and I shot it quite a bit. I haven't seen one in years. I am new to the forum what did that put you back if you don't mind me asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I mentioned above, I stoled it at 600 OTD.
Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, that was larceny. I have a six inch 1 of 500 stashed away that I don't think much about as I'm primarily a Smith guy,but after seeing your pair of beauties,I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a four incher-just something about it that makes it look so right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts